M&E Officer ( Afar, PHC Project)
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Specifics Roles and Responsibilities
• Actively involve and support IPHCSD project staffs during preparation of regional annual plans, biannual revisions and quarter plans to make sure that the plan is realistic, complete and comply with agreed donor requirements and also check quarter plans before approved.
• Supports regional PHC project officer under her/his portfolio during planning, implementation and reporting.
• Ensure and review IPHCSD project planned their annual and quarter plans on timely and as per required quality (workable and realistic plan to achieve intended project objective), and reviewing revisions.
• Review regional IPHCSD project activity plans (annual, quarter), follow for the timely submission of annual and quarter project activity plans.
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Undertake monthly and quarterly (as necessary lesser frequent) performance reviews and provide feedback to PHC project officer to regularly monitor implementation of planned activities.
• Track regional project progress, performance, joint monitoring and data quality assessments which aim to track progresses, identify problems, support project staffs, extract lessons, and provide feedback and information for decision.
• Ensure intensive utilization of M&E tools by IPHCSD project to monitor progress, evaluate performance and share reliable data for decision makers and conducting regular supportive supervision, and project review meetings.
• Participate in the monthly project performance review meetings and provide feedback to project officer.
• Track and review the regional project performance implemented under her/his portfolio to ensure project activities are being implemented as planned and inform to the project on the status of progress, challenges (data collected monthly from projects using monthly project tracking sheet).
• Thoroughly review and compile project reports to ensure quality of report submitted timely to country office.
• Follow up with the regional PHC project staff to ensure reports are being submitted within the agreed time and with the agreed reporting template and with the required quality to next level.
• Collect and prepare regular internal reports (Monthly tracking sheet, quarter report, annual CHSA report and plan, quarter TBP reports, monthly CSA reports) and submit to the next level within the time frame.
• Review and compile regional PHC project achievements on quarterly bases and check and make sure that the monthly tracking sheets are correctly filled.
• Ensure proper use of M&E tools (including PMF, IRS, Conceptual Frame work, Performance indicator, RQWB and tracking sheets) and apply Amref M&E tools for approved proposals.
• Archive soft and hard copies of regional PHC documents and update regularly; Identify lessons learned and assist the project team in developing case stories/studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project; Document project documents and lessons learnt; Ensure documentation of project profiles (Basic project profile, agreements, reports, evaluation reports, research reports, etc.).
Project/Program Implementation support
• Conduct joint periodic monitoring and supportive supervisions at field level to track progresses, identify problems, support project staffs, and extract lessons and to provide feedback.
• Regular supportive supervision of IPHCSD project-audit of data on selected indicators;
• Take the leading role in evaluation and research activities of the regional IPHCSD project conducted to enhance implementation of projects (including TOR development, data collection tools, review of evaluations reports and selecting consultants) and conducting surveys.
• Support implementation of regional IPHCSD project as a backup during absence/limited program staffs.
• Support planning, procurement (fill PR through ERP and follow up of the procurement process), follow up implementation of regional PHC projects and/or programs.
• Prepare/review regional reports and communicate with responsible bodies.
• Assist regional IPHCSD project officers in advance request for project based specific activities, other administration issues.
• Perform other relevant tasks as required.
• Minimum of BSc Degree in Health sciences Health or relevant disciplines /MSc Degree in public health, M&E, health informatics, Project management is preferred
• For BSc Degree 5 years’ experience is required for MSc Degree 3 years’ experience.
• Trainings in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Database management, is preferred
• Prior training in application of M&E systems/programs such as SPSS is a must
Skills and Experience Requirements
• Sound database management, analysis and interpretation skills
• Proficiency in M&E applications such as SPSS is a must
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
• Familiarity in baseline, midline and end line evaluations
• Prior NGO experience is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply
• If you are Interested? Please visit our website to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be July 20, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.