Logistics Assistant - Fleet and Warehouse
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Northern Ethiopia, focusing on emergency health, nutrition, protection and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
The Logistics Assistant-Fleet & Warehouse is responsible for the coordination and delivery of an efficient and effective road transport facilities and proper warehouse management to FHI360 Sekota sub-office office. This position will mainly focus on supporting with daily movement of vehicles and warehousing management as details outlined below. Position holder directly report to the base Logistics Officer.
• Plan monthly transportation activities in line with future deliveries of supplies to sites and passenger movements.
• Monitor all vehicle movements, and when incidents occur ensure immediate (verbal) reporting procedures (and written when necessary) are followed. Always disseminate lessons learned to drivers and other relevant staff.
• Ensure the proper use of vehicle logs sheets, checklists and waiver forms by drivers, collecting them and filing them accurately, for future reporting needs.
• Regularly check and ensure that all legal as well as FHI360 standard vehicles’ and drivers’ documentation is in place, up to date, and valid at all times.
• Ensure all base office vehicles are clean and tidy, and roadworthy and they comply with the optimum security / safety standards.
• Ensure base office vehicles (both rental & owned) are equipped with the appropriate equipment (Rainy season equipment/ tools/ first aid kits & fire extinguishers).
• To ensure that vehicles carrying cargo for the project sites are in advance loaded and their roadworthiness and equipment is checked to ensure safe and problem free travels.
• To organize vehicles and loading / offloading of cargo as well as its transportation from the suppliers whenever required.
• Ensure that vehicles and generators timely standard service schedules are strictly carried out and records are kept.
• Carry out periodic reviews of road conditions, report travel related security risks to the line manager and offer advice to programs’ staff regarding travel.
• Maintain a system of mechanics regular visits (roving) in the country projects for preventive maintenance exercises and assessment on fleet & generators conditions.
• Supports in checking the quantity and quality of goods received from suppliers and other organizations and reporting any discrepancies or damage immediately.
• Creates/updates stock cards for all stock items in a timely manner immediately following receipt and after issuance of goods. Ensures all required information are correctly and entirely recorded on the stock cards.
• Organizes and correctly stores goods and assets in warehouse, making sure items are identified and are easy to get to.
• Supports in preparing outgoing goods with proper packing and labelling of freight.
• Collaborates with the transport officer to organize and send cargo to the field.
• Supports in the close monitoring of stock levels and storage conditions.
• Update’s asset register participates in a physical stock inventory check annually and as needed. Works to prevent stock discrepancy (theft and damage).
• Supports the proper maintenance of all assets and equipment and reports defects.
• Supports timely disposal of damaged and obsolete items; generates asset disposal reports.
• Prepares documentation to track the movement and change of status of assets.
• Keeps filing system for assets up to date.
• Contributes to weekly and monthly inventory and asset reports, yearly assent count report.
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports, finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes work.
• Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrates understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
• Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
• Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
• Uses office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
• Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
• Utilizes program specific terminology.
• Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
• Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
• Provides answers to requests for general information.
• Records and documents information accurately.
• Problem Solving & Impact:
• Recognizes, defines, and resolves non-standard problems using operating procedures, practices and established precedents.
• Resolves recurring issues and problems as well as some unique situations.
• Anticipates problems and develops recommendations for management resolution.
• Detects and corrects errors resulting in a reduction in moss time and customer/user dissatisfaction.
• Supervision Given/Received:
• General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions with periodic work review given for new activities or special assignments.
• Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and with contacts outside own organization.
• Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, business management or related field
• 2-3 years of experience providing logistic in an office setting.
• Vocational or specialized training desired.
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
• Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
• Typical Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift 5 - 25 lbs.
• Technology to be Used:
• Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype/TEAMS, e-mail), office telephone, and printer/copier.
• Less than 10-20%
• This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply here https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Sekota-Ethiopia/Logistics-Assistant---Fleet-and-Warehouse_Requisition-2022201132
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.