Location Finance Manager (BAHIRDAR)
Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
12 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Location Finance Manager who will be responsible for all financial accounting and financial management activities contributing to the achievement of SOS Children’s Villages -Ethiopia’s overall objectives. S/he is directly responsible for implementation of all financial policies and activities and the enhancement of support to staff and local partners’ capacities throughout the process
• Ensures that the accounting records of the organisation adhere to the organisational policies, procedures and guidelines and the governing rules and regulations of the Ethiopian government.
• Designs and uses sound internal financial control system to safeguard assets, records and documents of the organisation.
• Ensures efficient and effective financial handling and processes.
• Ensures the communication of finance policies and procedures within the organisation, and with other stakeholders Supervises and checks all financial activities including payments, transfers of funds, payroll, controlling cash and other current accounts, bank reconciliation statements, liabilities for correctness & timely delivery.
• Checks that payment requests are made according to agreement and from the appropriate fund Ascertains that program/project payments are made within the grant period and per approved budget line items.
• Ensures that required documentation and authorisation is present to effect payment
• Prepare periodic reports of the public funded projects/ Earmarked projects.
• Ensures that all financial and accounting related files and records reflect high professional standards
Budget Preparation & Management
• Assists program staff with budgeting out activities in accordance with the work plan prepared by the project teams
• Compiles and keeps all relevant data for budget preparation and review
• Administers and controls use of approved budget. Carries out budget utilization comparison periodically as per the directives thereon. Controls expenditures against budget.
Cash and Bank Management
• Ensures sufficient funds are available at all times to meet the project’s needs by submitting monthly cash advance requests to National office finance department.
• Ensures timely deposit of all collections
• Verifies monthly bank reconciliation statements for program location bank accounts
• Ensures that proper reports and documents are prepared for the auditors.
• Facilitates the auditing of accounts by internal and external auditors.
• Answers queries of external and internal auditors while doing the field audit work and during review
• Participates in coordinating monitoring visits and site support as and when deemed necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Conduct periodical monitoring visit of the finance VS physical activities of projects.
• Ensure and support for the timely securing of project implementation budget from donors including locally funded projects.
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
• BA Degree in Accounting
• 6 years experience in related position
• Report writing skill
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service
• Ease of using computers with mastery on application softwares such as MS Work, MS Windows, MS Excel.
• Proficiency in English language (both in writing and speaking) and Local language
• High level of planning and organising competency
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply
• Excited to take on a new Challenge...….
• Click Here to apply
• Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.