Local Government Advisor
Jobs at:Creative Associates International
Deadline of this Job:
19 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a Local Government Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Ethiopia. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Local Government Advisor is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of activities related to strengthening sub-national governance, public services, and inclusivity. This will include providing a broad range of technical support and capacity development to regional, woreda, and/or kebele-level government officials and institutions.
• Subnational governments are more transparent, participatory, inclusive, and effective in meeting citizen needs;
• Information on outcomes, results, lessons learned, priorities, and needs flows regularly from beneficiaries to the program team;
• Interventions with government partners and beneficiaries aligns with the program’s overall goals, leverages and supports activities under other objectives, and incorporates systems for sustainability.
• Support the COP and the Deputy Chief of Party in the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for the program implementation to ensure the achievement of the program goals;
• Provide a broad range of technical assistance and capacity development to sub-national government actors and institutions, including for service delivery, budgeting and planning, domestic resource mobilization, and citizen engagement;
• Work with local public servants on engaging with constituents and addressing their priorities by providing technical advice and guidance;
• Facilitate interaction, collaboration, and collective action between diverse stakeholders and leverage stakeholder networks to develop strategies advocating citizen priorities;
• Engage women, youth, and excluded groups in public and political dialogue, budgeting and planning, and other civic activities;
• Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned and share them with through regular program reports; and
• Deliver technical presentations on program achievements to implementing partners, civil society organizations, government officials, donor, and other organizations.
• Required profile for job ad : Local Government Advisor
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law, Public Administration, Public Policy, or a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred;
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience with governance and advocacy initiatives with international development programs, preferably with USAID or U.S. Government;
• Demonstrated experience working with sub-national government institutions, preferably in Ethiopia;
• Demonstrated capability to work with a broad range of local government, civil society and private sector stakeholders and partners;
• Expertise in public service, good governance and/or accountability and oversight;
• Experience with civil society and government capacity building, and governance accountability;
• Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including civil society, and government;
• Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, training, and human resources experience;
• Able to work effectively and professionally with high-level government officials, CSOs, donors, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
• Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
• Experience with providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshop and trainings; and
• Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and Amharic.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.