Livelihoods and Cash Specialist Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ethiopia is perhaps the most critical humanitarian context in East Africa. For decades, Ethiopia has hosted hundreds of thousands of refugees from neighbouring countries. It has a significant and fluctuating population of climate and conflict IDPs (Internally Displaced People), it is subject to worsening cycles of climate crisis and recent conflict in critical regions in the north of the country has led to severe and complex humanitarian crisis.
• Develop LFS Core Competency (CC) strategy, technical guidance and Macro Logframes that are aligned with regional and global strategies and priorities.
• Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
• Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
• Identify and monitor trends in conditions, technical standards and donor priorities
• Responsible for following up on compliance with contractual commitments within the CC, and ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
• Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
• Ensure key learnings and successes are extracted from CC implementation, and incorporate them in CC development processes.
• Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff, in approaches including CVA and MBA.
• Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
• Lead development of the Ethiopia Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS) Core Competency Strategy including theories of change, contributions to the Economic Inclusion portfolio and other integrated programming initiatives.
• Guiding the integration of Market Based Approaches (MBA) and Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) into LFS, WaSH, Shelter, and Education activities.
• Contribute to the development of NRC’s Ethiopia Country Programme Strategy.
• Provide technical leadership to the CMG & Area programmes in line with the country CC strategies.
Required profile for job ad : Livelihoods and Cash Specialist Ethiopia
• Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• LFS Core competency expertise
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge and skills in market assessments and analysis, CVA, MBA and integrated programming
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Context/Specific Skills, Knowledge/ Experience:
Political and cultural awareness
• Context knowledge and/or prior experience in the Horn of Africa and in Ethiopia particularly is an asset
• Experience working in a similar position or role in similar contexts is an asset.
• Experience with both Humanitarian and Development work, and the transition between the two ends of the spectrum would be an asset.
• Solid experience in leading livelihoods and food security assessments particularly in protracted crises is required
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Job application procedure
Apply in person
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.