Junior Finance Officer
Jobs at:Engender Health
Deadline of this Job:
26 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
• EngenderHealth is seeking well qualified and interested candidates to apply for Junior Finance Officer (JFO) position for its RBA/IDP emergency project in Amhara region at the duty station of Dessie.
• The Junior Finance and Administration Officer (JFO) will be responsible for ensuring the proper implementation of the financial system at the field level as per the standard operating procedures of EngenderHealth. The position holder will be also overseeing the overall office administration of the field office. Under the supervision of the Regional Team Leader, JFO will be responsible for maintaining the project cash transactions and financial records.
• Ensures financial policies, procedures, and systems are properly implemented and maintained at the field office
• Ensures that all financial transactions are compliant with local laws, donor regulations, and internal policies
• Prepares petty cash payment voucher, obtains approval, and effect payment
• Coordinates per diem and other workshop/training-related payments
• Records transactions into Quick books accounting software
• Maintains a proper filing system for financial documents
• Prepares and pays income and withholding taxes timely
• Follows up and ensures that travel and work advances are settled on time/as per the requirement of EngenderHealth’s operations standards and bring to the attention of the finance and admin officer any deviation from the standards.
• Maintains petty cash and cash register book
• Responsible for managing the warehouse and properties of the field office
• Ensures that store paperwork is properly completed and maintained (e.g., delivery notes, stock cards, goods receiving notes, etc.).
• Prepares monthly expense reports for the Central Office
• Liaises with banks to process CPO’s, drafts, and collects bank statements and other documents as required/delegated.
• Works closely with Roving Finance Officer in budget and report preparation
• Updates the Roving Finance Officer regularly with the status of the regional office bank balance
• Ensures completeness of financial documents for proper expense authorization
• Assists in the coordination of year-end audits
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• BA Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or any other related discipline
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience in an NGO setting
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office application software and knowledge of accounting software particularly QuickBooks is highly preferred.
Essential soft skills
• Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, with minimum supervision
• Good interpersonal skills
• Honest and trustworthy
• Ability to effectively work in a team
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• prefered skills and abilities
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
• Good command of English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and well-qualified candidates should send their application and CV through EngenderHealth website using the following link http://www.engenderhealth.org.
• There is no need to attach your credentials at this stage.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
• The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
• EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
• EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
• EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults, and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.