Jobs at:People In Need - PIN
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
• Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
• We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
• More information at www.peopleinneed.cz or (HERE)
• PIN currently invites qualified applicants for the position of: Engineer for the new project entitled “Multisectoral life-saving response to the acute needs of the most vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Konso Zone, Alle and Derashe special woreda and South Omo Zone SNNPR, and in Guji and West Guji zones, Oromia, Ethiopia’’ for Emergency Program
• Length of Contract: Definite until March 31,2023
• Engineer involves in designing, planning, supervising and monitoring the construction of the Water, sanitation and other water management infrastructures for the new BHA Project Operational areas.
• The Engineer required supervising construction of contracted or on-force construction and rehabilitation of water schemes, sanitation and other infrastructures using contractors or unskilled and skilled labours. The position also requires proper management of materials, equipment and other resources under the project and reporting periodically to supervisors.
• In coordination with Engineering Coordinator, Project manager and Procurement unit, administer contractual issues and deal with supplier, follow up and participate in BID process by adhering to the organizational and National low. Participate in technical assessment, proposal development and assessment for new emerging projects. Provide technical support during various manuals, construction standard and checklists preparation together with the Engineering Coordinator and making sure it is applied in the field.
• Engineer works under direct supervision of an Engineering Coordinator (Technically) and Project Manager (admin) with close cooperation HR, Financial, Logistic, M and E, Safeguarding, Engineering departments and another Projects working under other programs.
• Responsible for day to day monitoring and supervision of all construction or rehabilitation project activities to ensure high technical quality and timeliness of implementation.
• Prepare required construction designs including schematics, detailed bill of quantities (BOQs), and budget estimates in response to emerging PIN WASH activities.
• Monitoring and evaluate all WASH-related construction projects, revise plans, designs, and strategy as required.
• Prepare procurement documents for WASH-related construction works following PIN procedures.
• Monitor the progress and implementation of interventions/activities as per the relevant contract.
• Supervise site supervisors, support and supervise technical trainings
• Collect GPS locations and Prepare KMZ files with Google earth and documentation
• Monitor and approve construction material quality for the construction activity
• Any other related tasks as required and assigned.
• Minimum BSc in Hydraulic Engineering, Water Supply and Environmental Engineering, Water Resources & Irrigation Engineering and Other related field of study; with minimum 3 (Three) years and above of experience in emergency sector).
• Must have an experience on construction project planning & scheduling, designing, supervision works; specifically, she/he has to has experience and good skills in big scale WASH infrastructures.
• coordination of project partners and Technical Report writing.
• Experience of working in emergency projects specifically related to WASH, Coordination &advanced computer skills are basic ones.
• Good documentation skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD, Google earth software
• Knowledge about core humanitarian standards
• Experience and working relationship with partners, local government and communities etc.
• Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English,
• references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link Apply https://airtable.com/shrKS6WBuutdSw4v3 until June 15,2022.
• Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
• People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at:
• Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.