Jobs at:AEC Business Consulting PLC
Deadline of this Job:
12 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Company
AEC Ethiopia, officially registered as AEC Business Consulting Plc, supports entrepreneurs to grow their business to improve livelihoods and to create thriving communities.
Recently founded in 2021, as the Ethiopia affiliate of the African Entrepreneur Collective. AEC is a 180+ person organization that seeks both social impact and financial sustainability. AEC Ethiopia will work with more than 9000 refugee and host community entrepreneurs, providing a combination of training, consulting, financial services, and market-level systems change. All of our services ensure that businesses in Ethiopia can thrive and contribute to the growth of Ethiopia’s economy.
AEC Ethiopia has 10+ staff in 3 offices across Ethiopia (Addis, Jigjiga, and Assosa), and we have partnerships with ARRA, UNHCR, and Ikea Foundation. In 2022, we developed a new strategic plan to reach beyond what we have previously thought possible.
We have a diverse staff, who all embody the company’s culture. In addition to the skills above, all candidates must demonstrate our core values:
• Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
• Achievement: Showing up over and over again to get the work done right.
• Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
• Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others. Be compassionate and inclusive.
• Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja/Abren Nen/Waliin Jirra/We are Together: We appreciate our colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
About the Opportunity
The Investment Officer will be a trusted partner of AEC Ethiopia clients with the responsibilities below:
Due diligence and investment preparation (60% time):
• Respond to inquiries from prospective borrowers; support them to apply for our facility/investment products.
• Introduce the investment products to entrepreneurs, explaining the requirements for repayment and the seriousness of taking on debt financing.
• Conducts investment appraisal, collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties), and arrange to opens new investment account.
• Prepares and execute investment contracts and arrange for disbursement of investment in kind.
• Conduct due diligence on prospective borrowers, including site visits, document preparation, coordination with the Business Development Advisors and Business Associates, etc.
• Communicate all materials to the Investment Manager, and assist in preparing credit reports for Investment Committee meetings.
• Take photos of entrepreneurs, have them sign photo waivers, and ensure entrepreneurs’ stories are posted on the Kiva platform for fundraising with all correct information.
Portfolio management (20% time)
• Offer excellent customer service through daily conversations, correspondence, and site visits as needed to maintain strong positive relationships with borrowers.
• Work with AEC Ethiopia Business Development Services team to ensure borrower success, and Visit clients for monitoring.
• Maintain both delinquency and default rates below set rates during yearly goal setting,
• Track information about borrowers and communicate effectively with key stakeholders about client status.
• Actively participate as a key staff in the weekly Investment Review Meeting.
• Maintain a tracking system of borrower payments and contact information.
• Work with the Finance& Admin team to produce invoices for payments and monthly reconciliation of investment department transactions.
• Interact with government leaders, court systems and others for follow up on lack of payments.
• Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Investment management system (20% time)
• Update both disbursements and investment repayments in the Investment Management System (LMS-powered by Odoo)
• Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with investment software applications
• Work with system providers to utilize applications to fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance
• Assist with system parameters and design to meet the needs of multiple departments.
• Manage user security access
• Ensure proper segregation of duties, develop and maintain work flows for all stages of investment
• Advise the Management team how to automate key lending processes
• Supervise all aspects of the investment operations. This supervision includes posting of payment, payoffs, and balancing, disbursing investment funds
• Ensure lending team is provided with updates and procedural changes
• Participates in the review and recommendations of operational systems and procedures
• Successfully interact with lending staff to improve accuracy and efficiencies of Investment management system
• Prepare related reports and administer the system
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• University degree in Finance or other related field
• Must speak fluent English and and Somali. Knowledge of Amharic is an added advantage.
• Experience in group savings and group lending investments is preferred
• Strong financial and accounting skills; familiarity with business financial policies in Ethiopia
• Experience in investment management, microfinance, capital leases, and access to finance for Micro businesses and SMEs is STRONGLY preferred
• Prior experience dealing with customers/debt
• Prior experience in a lending environment
• Experience providing business advice to entrepreneurs
• Prior experience in Investment management system software
• Decisive individuals with ability to deliver unpleasant messages to the debtors and assertive enough to get the debtors pay off the entire debt
• Experience in managing difficult clients and reaching positive outcomes
• Very strong attention to details and good follow through
• Comfort with the civil court system, and previous experience in litigation preferred
• Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
• 2+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
• Must be able to legally work in Ethiopia.
What You'll Get
• Fun, collaborative work environment
• Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
• Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
• Ability to make a significant social impact and contribute to economic growth
• Competitive benefits package - health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more.
Compensation includes salary and potential KPI-based bonus, healthcare, retirement benefits, flexible annual leave, possible travel in East Africa, professional development opportunities, and the chance to connect with colleagues across East Africa in a supportive and inclusive environment. In addition, this role is a tremendous opportunity to work in a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply in person
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.