IT Infrastructure Division Manager for Head Office
Jobs at:VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C)
Deadline of this Job:
12 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IT Infrastructure Division Manager for Head Office
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund MFI is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country. VisionFund MFI is looking for competent candidates for the position of IT Infrasructure Division Manager. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
Role ensures the IT Infrastructure functions and services are resilient, secure, well designed, accessible, and are adaptable to support the MFI’s changing needs. A client-focused service excellence culture is essential, through leadership, consultation and management to ensure business and client requirements are delivered to high standards.
1. Specific Responsibilities
• Design and execute short plus long term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs.
• Develop, execute and oversee procedures, policies and related training plans for project management and infrastructure administration.
• Manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations.
• Conduct research and recommend changes in services, products, protocols and standards to support development efforts and infrastructure procurement.
• Define and manage IT Disaster Recovery Strategy for organization.
• Define software and hardware standards in collaboration with
• Test server performance plus provide network presentation statistics.
• Report and prepare strategies to maintain server infrastructure.
• Ensure apt security levels on network, infrastructure and servers are maintained.
• Direct and administer conditional network analysts plus technicians to provide leadership and direction.
• Ensure to practice IT asset management inclusive of component inventory maintenance and associated documentation.
• Negotiate with outsourcers, vendors and contractors for infrastructure-specific products and services secure.
• Perform feasibility studies for different upgrade projects, conversions and
• Demonstrated experience in Infrastructure security & systems security,
• Develop and monitor the adoption of sound Infrastructure and systems security practices
• Develop new, and review/update existing security-related configurations of VFMFI infrastructure
• Ownership and management of preventative security measures and services
• Identify and mitigate security issues, misconfigurations, and vulnerabilities related to VFMFI’s Infrastructure
• Implement new, and update existing security measures for the protection of VFMFI infrastructure
• Lead and implement a culture of innovation, service excellence, performance and safety, investigate ways to continuously operationally improve the IT Infrastructure activity
• Supervise the Infrastructure team and lead, direct and utilize knowledge on best practices in areas related to infrastructure.
• B.Sc. Degree in computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
• 8+years IT Infrastructure experience in a complex environment preferably in the Banking Industry. Of which 2+years in supervisory and 2+in Security
• Extensive knowledge in Data Center Operations, Server, Network and security areas
Technical Skills & Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience with a range of technologies e.g. Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications,
• Demonstrated experience on Cisco switches, Firewalls and Routers.
• Demonstrated experience on Unified Treat Management Systems (UTMs)
• knowledge of IT service management methodologies (e.g. ITIL).
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work within a changing business and technical environment
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion.
• CCNP / CCNP security
• Certificates on Information Security & ITIL is an added Advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who fulfill the requirements can send their application, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of up to three references and non-returnable copies of credentials to: VFE_vacancy@wvi.org
Note: - Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.