HR and Admin Coordinator
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
HR and Admin Coordinator
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Ensure that SCI policy implementations for human resource management functions at the Area/Field Offices comply with legal and administrative requirements of national labor law and regional government requirements.
• Ensure that effective and efficient human resource management systems and procedures are in place at the Area/Field Office and are regularly updated and implemented in line with the HR policies.
• Direct, lead, manage and motivate the Human Resources and Admin support staff of the Area/Field program ensuring they have clear work plans and objectives and receive regular supervision and periodic performance reviews.
• Promote a team approach to management within the Human Resources and Administration team through regular meetings to review and improve integration and quality support and service provision.
• Coordinate, facilitate, organize and participate in the recruitment process of new staff and the familiarization of SCI policies and working guidelines in the form of induction to all staff of the Area/Field Offices. Participate in the recruitment, selection, placement and termination (contract extension) of employees as called for and respond to staff problems.
• Handles online employee separation/exit related activities for those whose job grade is under the area/field office level including writing resignation acceptance letter, ensuring exit interview is filled by staffs that leave the organization, ensuring that their clearance are completed & approved.
• Follow up on the employment contract status of staff and ensure that the necessary termination notice/contract renewal is issued timely.
• Prepares completion of probation period confirmation letter for new staff after making sure that they have submitted their online mandatory training completion report, previous employer clearance letter and performance evaluation for probation period;
• Oversee the performance management system, personnel records, employee relations, as well as training and development of the staff in the Area/Field Offices.
• Ensure that relevant reports are produced and dispatched timely to the pertinent organs in the organization.
• Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SCI resources mainly but not limited to human resource in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
• Facilitate all legal issues in order to have ad hoc specialist legal advice, opinion and services and to keeping abreast of relevant statutory legislation and regulatory requirements.
• Oversee proper implementation of staff benefits package for Area/Field office staff and ensure that records are maintained and updated.
• Liaise with line managers on planning and utilization of annual leave by creating proper awareness and making negotiations if necessary.
• Administer Area/Field Office level benefits including insurance coverage, claims, change reporting and responds to questions from service providers and employees
• Gather required staffing information and communicate to the insurance company within 3 days for inclusion of new staffs in the existing insurance policies and exclusion of separated staffs.
• Ensure that new staffs are registered with the government pension scheme and required documentations are submitted to pension agency.
• Administer undertakings related to compensation, performance, and employee benefits.
• Coordinate and monitor registration of new employees into the HRIS system and ensure updating of staffing changes on the system within 3 days.
• Provides Human Resources information for management and staff based on data analysis and interpretations.
• Administer the development and implementation of records management procedure intended to standardize filing, protecting, and retrieving records, reports, and other information contained on paper.
• Liaise with managers and employees and ensure online submission of timesheet as per the standard set timeline.
• Collaborates with CO central payroll team to ensure the integrity of monthly payroll data through frequent and timely communication is maintained and supporting documents related with the payroll are submitted.
• Maintain confidentiality in respect of all staff records whether manual or computer maintained. Coordinate submission of required HR information to CO on regular basis and when requested.
• Respond sensitively and professionally to the children, young people and families who work with SCI Ethiopia.
• Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
• Facilitate various audit requests representing the area/field office;
• Undertake any other related tasks as assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Educated to degree level in HRM, Management and Business/Public Administration or related subject area.
• Strong familiarity with regions specific laws, excellent knowledge of local labor law and regulations governing human resources.
• Knowledge and ability to communicate SCI policies and enforce decisions within their authority.
• Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
• Proficient to use MS Offices and experience of Oracle HR database management system will be an asset.
• A commitment to children’s rights and principles of equal opportunity
• NGOs Experience working in a complex multi-culture working contexts in any one of the Support Services Areas
• Experience of managing a large budget and an understanding of grant and finance management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24 12:00:00 AM Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the below link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.