Jobs at:Mercy Corps Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
11 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides generalist human resources support to the Mercy Corps Ethiopia HR Department in Addis Ababa and field Offices
• Collect and track required employee paperwork;
• Maintain employee records, filing and documentation such as recruitment documents, CVs, valid contracts, timesheets, employee data sheets, and performance evaluations as well as ensuring leave records of all staff are properly maintained and updated.
• Completes the new hire process for employees; collecting data, and creating new employee files
• Prepare interview agendas and guides for candidate interviews
• Assist in updating employee files; facilitating the documentation processes.
• Screen resumes for selected positions to send to hiring managers
• Produce a weekly activity report
• Ensure that records regarding personnel activities and personnel data are kept confidential
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
• Follow up employee medical insurance reimbursement.
• Responsible for the management of staffs leave.
• Ensure all local admin or legal issues are handled in a smooth way
• Perform any other similar tasks that may be reasonably assigned by the line manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• College Diploma/Degree in Office Administration, Secretarial Science, Accounting Business Administration, Public Administration or Human Resource Management is required.
• Three years related experience is required
• Good computer skills (especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook)
• Professionalism and self-motivation always expected.
• Must be confident, self-starter, an independent thinker and have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral are required.
• Demonstrated cultural sensitivity, emotional maturity, and appropriate flexibility.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
• Flexibility in responding courteously to immediate needs of visitors and callers.
• Fluent in English, Somali, Amharic, and local language for the location applied:(capable in all require basic skills: reading, listening, speaking, and writing).
• Curious, great problem-solving skills, unafraid to ask questions, and results motivated.
• Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation.
• Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications should be submitted to the Mercy Corps office/through e-mail that includes a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted.
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following addresses:
• Note: Please make sure that you mention the position title in the subject line of your email application.
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33, Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.