Grant Finance officer TA for Zones- In Amhara Region
Jobs at:ABH Partners PLC
Deadline of this Job:
27 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• On 30th January 2020, WHO declared the COVID-19 outbreak as a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC), WHO’s highest level of urgency On 11th March, WHO made the assessment that COVID-19 could be characterized as a Global pandemic. The total confirmed cases of COVID-19 have reached 532 million cases, and 6.3 million deaths were reported up to 13 June 2022 (Source WHO)
• The first COVID-19 case in Ethiopia was reported on 13th March 2020, subsequently, the government declared a five-month state of emergency in April 2020, and there have been a total of 479,484 cases from laboratory tested as of June 13th, 2022.
• Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a global epidemic with serious health, social, economic, and political implications. Ethiopia is facing an increasing burden on health systems since the occurrence of the pandemic. Beyond the direct negative effect of the virus, COVID-19 threatens the supply and demand for other essential health services. Due to these implications, the country has faced a high and growing burden of non-communicable diseases; a diverse range of vulnerable and at-risk populations due to poverty and inequality; as well as trembles down the health systems. As high-level decision-makers strive to balance the economic stance of the country while containing the virus; strong health systems will remain the bedrock of a robust response to the pandemic. However, additional effort must be executed before the epidemic becomes out of control and nullify all the previous efforts done in the essential health service. The whole of government, society, and business must work in synergy for a successful control of the epidemic and fast recovery of its effect. Hence, COVID-19 and other emergency response requires various coordination mechanisms and governance platforms at all administrative levels of the country. This will be evident while we ensure the response interventions including deployment of COVID-19 vaccines integration along with monitoring the priority focus areas to the health system.
• MOH is looking for a Grant Management specialist who will be responsible for the overall Grant Management of the project, ensure the maintenance of sound grant arrangements in consistent with agreements, manuals, and project document throughout the life of the project. The Grant Management specialist will work closely with the project team.
Purpose of the position:
• The purpose of this post is to ensure that the financial management arrangements of the projects are providing assurance that the funds of the project are used for intended purposes and that the financial management arrangements continue to be adequate. This will contribute to the success of the project. To this end, the MoH wants to recruit grant finance officer for one year with the possibility of extension depending on performance.
• Ensure the establishment and effective management of grant management information system, and document major actions from pre-award through closeout of the project.
• Ensure adherence of the grant management system of MOH with the Integrated grant management System, compliance standards, tracking expenditures, and to allow systematic budget monitoring and reporting grants
• Coordinate with the Internal Audit Directorate, Finance and Procurement Directorate and relevant directorates of MOH to develop monitoring of risk assessment and mitigation plan, and strategies at all levels of the grant management cycle and update accordingly
• Ensure a well-functioning electronic grant tracking system and keep abreast easy reference of basic information of projects and track changes due to reprogramming of activities and budget
• Ensure that sound grant sub-award and administration procedures are in place
• Coordinate inputs from relevant Directorates and assist in the detailed annual budgeting of each project, and cascade as per the WB preparation framework
• Ascertain the preparation of the monthly initial cash flow forecast is in line with the signed grant agreement and consequent annual work plan and budget of MOH
• Ensure payment requests and fund transfer schedules are consistent with the signed grant agreement, submit approved transfer request to the WB, and follow up timely disbursement
• Verify subsequent fund disbursement requests and confirm timely transfer and receipt, and regularly update the income transfer tracking sheet
• Ensure submission of monthly, quarterly, biannually and annual programmatic and financial reports
• Reconcile program and financial reports, submit to the WB, and work with relevant Directorates to address any comment forwarded timely
• Assist in the initiation of reprogramming requests by the Program, jointly review justifications, submit to and get approval from the WB, update work plans and budget and share to concerned Directorates of MOH
• Organize regular joint monthly monitoring meetings, quarterly field visits, participate in the debriefing sessions, action points development and follow-up implementation
• Facilitate the annual Audit Plan (internal and external), assist in pre-audit preparation, and participate in the planning of corrective action upon the issuance of Final Internal Audit Report, and work with internal audit directorate and follow up during implementation.
• Facilitate assessment visits by the WB are effectively facilitated within the scope of agreed-upon TOR, review and share final report and update the WB and MOH with actions taken
• Develop grant close-out plan in coordination with relevant Directorates, get approval from the MOH officials and the WB, and share and follow implementation with concerned Directorates
• The Grant Management Specialist will report to Grant Management of the Partnership and Cooperation Directorate at MOH
• The expert will base in the Grant Management Unit of the Partnership and Cooperation Directorate and will travel to regions when it is necessary.
• Payment Modality & schedule:
• The fees for this contract shall be paid on monthly basis based on the submission of monthly reports against the deliverables indicated above.
Expected educational background and experience:
• Educational background of a BSC/BA or MPH/MA/MBA/MSC in Public Health, Economics, Management, Accounting and Finance.
• At least 10 years for BSC, BA or 8 years for MPH/MBA/MA/MSC qualification experience working in an international or local NGO with recognized technical expertise.
• Proven experience in project coordination, grants management, and budgeting in international donor organizations.
• Coordination skills including the ability to provide strategic guidance, develop work plans, manage budget, and project expenditures, demonstrated skills in presentation and reporting using various media
• Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with partners at all levels (ministry, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community-based organizations) are an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Familiarity with the World Bank projects and ability to use the Bank’s online financial and procurement application systems like Client Connection, STEP etc. is advantageous
• Competency in the use of computer software like excel, powerpoint, word, and other
• The consultants will be based at the MoH level
• The consultant will not be provided lodging and/or meals
• The consultai1t will use his/her own materials, i.e., computer/laptop, phone etc.
• For the duty travel, the consultant will be provided a rented car by ABH Partners Plc and DSA as per the guideline.
• The consultant will be paid monthly by ABH Partners Plc upon completion of deliverables as indicated on this TOR and approved by the supervisor
Policy both parties should be aware of:
• ABH Partners Plc will manage all the administrative issues and aspects based on HR' policies and procedures.
• All remuneration must be within the contract agreement through ABH Partners PLC.
• No contract may commence unless the contract is signed by both Partners PLC and the consultant.
• Travel will be facilitated and managed by the HR firm in agreement with UNICEF.
Consultants will not have supervisory responsibilities or authority on UNICEF budget
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants only can apply through https://ethiotalent.com/job/f7d12e6b-b43c-4566-bd1d-3bfbe1845402
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.