Grant Finance & Compliance Coordinator
Jobs at:Plan International Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position holder will be responsible to support the Finance department in ensuring effective financial management and donor reporting consolidation. This would be demonstrated in undertaking responsibilities which includes: supporting the Finance Officers and Coordinators at PA and CO in the program areas in all matters and reporting of grant related funds to management and ensuring all financial aspects of grants are implemented as per grant agreement documents and maintains high standards of quality and integrity of financial data.
Accountabilities and Main Work Activities
Plan has a performance management and accountability matrix SOP. Every position holder is expected to adhere to the SOP and review and review her/his responsibility against the accountability matrix.
• Responsible to produce monthly Budget Vs Expenditure report to internal management per donor agreed currency for the assigned grant.
• Prepare periodic donor report using the donor template as required for the assigned grant
• Ensure for each assigned grant the Cost recovery per charged periodically
• The position holder is responsible to monitor the budget utilization per each budget in the agreement and give the timely advice to the programme team about the budget status
• Review the Program out line (PO) on SAP to ensure approved budget on the Excel sheet Vs up loaded on the system read same
• Upload the assigned grant awarded budget on SAP system and Mapping of the budget the funded program which is prepared by BDD with Work Breakdown Structure-WBS.
• Support programme team in annual budget preparation to ensure the budget is accurate, reasonably and incorporate all costs like apportion cost
Partner Organization & Programme Area Support (15%)
• Conduct the partner’s pre award assessment with plan predetermined criteria and guidelines for identifying partners and selecting project proposals to be funded.
• Identify the capacity building need and give technical and on job support to plan Programme area Finance Coordinators, Finance officers and Sub grant finance staff.
• Review the sub grant document which is under the assigned grant before the advance is liquidated.
Grant Closure & Auditing (15%)
• Facilitate donor audit for each assigned grant per donor requirement including the TOR preparation and review.
• Before the grant closed, confirm all the outstanding payment, outstanding Advance, partner advance, NR- (Not related to grant) per the assigned grant were cleared before the grant is closed.
• Support annual audit and Maintenance of Audit report
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (10%)
• Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
• Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Qualifications/ Experience Essential:
• Minimum of BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
• At least 5+ Years of relevant experience out of which 3 years on a senior level experience (not necessarily gained in an NGO or INGO) or demonstrated equivalent combination.
• Having the experience in different donor agency compliance requirement.
• Advanced EXCEL knowledge and different accounting software’s.
Qualifications/ Experience Desirable:
• Fluency in English language is essential
• In addition to Amharic, Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.