Grant Compliance Specialist
Jobs at:Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/
Deadline of this Job:
19 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the grant and compliance manager, the Grants Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring the follow-up and support grant management and compliance issues with Implementing partners and grants management activities. S/he participates in the pre-award assessments, review of proposals/sub agreement documents and budgets, participates in compliance visits, and provides guidance on program contractual requirements. The Grants Compliance Specialist ensures that all grant activities are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations. S/he prepares grant agreements, modifications and sub-contracts, budget utilization and implementation, document review and feedback. Additionally, the Grants Compliance Specialist is responsible to review existing policy manuals, edit Activity Management Guide, and prepare assessment reports, capacity building of partners in terms of grant management etc.
• Provide technical support to sub recipients in the development of work-plan and budget to be followed during the award contract period.
• Review work-plans and budget from partners to ensure compliance with ISHDO’s planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) policy guidelines.
• Facilitate and process grant payment to sub recipients, obtain and record grant payment receipts in accordance with ISHDO guidelines.
• Receive and assess financial reports from partners ensuring compliance with USAID requirements on proper reporting of expenditures, invoicing, procurement and asset management.
• Monitor adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures as per USAID requirements.
• Monitor sub recipient compliance, conducts field office site visits to ensure consistency with grant terms and conditions, timelines, budgets, and performance measures.
• Conduct financial assessment of sub recipients, identify and mitigate risks in situations where contractual obligations may not be met.
• Ensure strict adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures.
• Review and verify that sub recipients maintain proper books of accounts, including an up-to-date register of assets as well as proper filing and archiving of financial documents.
• Participate in the capacity building of partners in grant management, USAID rules and regulation etc.
• Support the coordination, planning, and execution of annual audit of Sub recipients.
• Perform other duties assigned by Supervisors
Required education and experiences
• A minimum of BA Degree in Business administration, management, accounting and finance or related fields
• At least 5 years’ experience in grants compliance management.
• Familiarity with USG rules and regulations.
• demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and compliance, experience in training staff and sub-recipients in grants’ management, ability to work seamlessly as a vital team member with high accountability
• Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, leadership, problem solving and time management skills.
• Skills in determining priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
• Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
• Excellent written and communication skills in English language
• Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Accounting system
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.