Finance and Operations Manager
Jobs at:VSO Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
17 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
• The Finance & Operations Manager will provide overall technical support in the management of grants, responsible for ensuring compliance with VSO policies, donor rules and regulations, legal and regulatory requirements. This will include overseeing the overall compliance in procurement and operations, conducting staff capacity building on grants and reporting and working in collaboration with other staff to produce high-quality and timely donor reports.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• A fully qualified accountant (CPA or ACCA) with strong technical accounting skills and in-depth knowledge and experience in financial management of restricted donor funding, reporting, procurement procedures, grant management, donor rules and regulations. You will have experience in internal financial controls, project audit, year-end procedures as well as strong experience of identifying and analyzing financial risks.
• You are expected to have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel particularly in use of accounting software and reporting packages.
• The ideal candidate should have strong skills in leadership, written and verbal communication. You should be service oriented and have customer focused approach with experience in Financial Business Partnering, budget management, financial planning, and analysis.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
• If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit an online application using this link:
• VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
• This position is open to Ethiopian Nationals Only as we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
• VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive sufficient number of applications.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.