Finance and HR Head
Jobs at:MERSA Media Institute
Deadline of this Job:
26 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Employment Type: Full Time, fixed term contract Duration of Employment: 6 months – 1year, with a possibility of extension Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Deadline for Application: June 23, 2022
MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible and independent media institutions, professional unions and education centers through research, capacity building and institutional support in Ethiopia.
The Finance and HR Head will be responsible for creating and implementing a financial accounting and control mechanism, budget and disbursement processes for projects in compliance with IPSAS and other requirements for Civil Society Organizations. The Finance and HR Head is also responsible for preparing budget justification narratives, disbursement of payments for goods and services in accordance with MERSA Media Institute’s guidelines, project cycle administration and monitoring and evaluation of project spending under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and in collaboration with authorized project staff
• Develop and implement a financial management mechanism for MERSA Media Institute in accordance with organizational policy, IPSAS and donor requirements for the specified contract period. Provide continued strategic advice and assist in updating organizational manuals according to IPSAS guidelines.
• Process grant transactions according to organizational manuals, regulatory requirements and grant timelines and terms of reference.
• Manage project expenses, handle payment requests and disbursement for procurement of goods and services from contractors, handle documentation and settle/reimburse expenses for travel and training related activities.
• Deduct all applicable taxes from payments for the procurement of goods and services, comply with all applicable tax codes and file to appropriate authorities in a timely manner.
• Prepare and review cash flow for projects and submit a report to the Executive Director and other authorized project staff.
• Assist in annual and project specific budget preparation.
• Manage petty cash according to organizational manuals, process authorized payments and document receipts.
• Document and keep records of all financial transactions, prepare accounting reports in accordance with project timelines and upon request from management. Quickly adapt and implement donor required accounting and reporting requirements and software.
• Take a lead in financial management and assist project staff and the Executive Director in project cycle management, events planning and management and other project related activities.
• Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration (2-5 years of preferably NGO experience)
• Experience in handling grants for NGOs, IPSAS ready, project management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and other local languages
• Leadership core qualifications including team work, planning and organizing
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply: Prospectors please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.