Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:The Lutheran World Federation World Service - Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
28 November 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
• A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
• LWF Ethiopia’s partners include Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Eyesus (EECMY); Lutheran churches related agencies, the European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM) and UN Agencies with whom we are a key implementing partner.
• LWF World Service Ethiopia is a registered foreign charity, which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia.
• LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants based on merit regardless of sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability except for affirmative action in a combination of considering competency to bring gender equity.
• Assists the Regional Coordinator in the overall Supervision of the project Financial Activities and ensures that the daily routines are carried out smoothly.
• Take responsibility for all aspects of Finance, HR and Administration.
• Prepare vacancy announcements for local recruitment at the project office level, receive applications participate in short listing and other recruitment processes.
• Maintain proper records of all staff of project offices (personnel records, contracts, attendance, leave, medical documents, etc) and report to the HR and Administration unit.
• Perform and promote LWF Ethiopia’s objectives with respect to organizational code of conduct, and other policies and regulations.
• See to it that adequate stock of supplies are requested on time and maintained in accordance with the policy of LWF.
• Operate and maintain the project’s Accounts according to LWF-ET procedures.
• Participate in the preparation of annual/ Working Budget of the project jointly with the program staff.
• Prepare monthly Fund Request together with the program staff based on the planned activity for the period.
• Make sure that the monthly fund request is for the activities planned for that period only.
• Make sure that the finance part of the Quarterly Monitoring Report (QMR) of the project tally the Narrative part of the report
• Collect the monthly financial report of the project from head office finance every month and should discuss with the concerned project staff.
• Code all disbursements & receipts according to LWF/ET procedure.
• Make sure that all disbursements are summarized according to the cost centers and account codes.
• Ensure that LWF Procurement Procedures are followed and relevant financial documents, such as purchase requisitions, proforma invoice, purchase order, and Goods receiving Notes are properly raised.
• Prepares and checks Financial Statements before they are sent to the Head Office every month and to reach Head Office before five days of the next month. It includes cash count balance.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
• Supervise the Storekeepers and see to it that the purchase storing and issuing of goods are processed strictly in accordance with LWF procedures.
• Make sure that all project Fixed Assets are registered properly in accordance with LWF procedures.
• Control and Assist the Secretary/Cashier in all financial matters.
• Prepare monthly Payroll/Pay Sheet for Casual workers if any, based on the approved attendance and other relevant documents in consultation with the Regional Coordinator.
• Together with the Regional Coordinator, he is Answerable for all Purchases and Disbursements in regard to budgetary provisions and stipulations.
• Make sure that all necessary and appropriate taxes like 2% or 30% With Hold tax (WHT) Income taxes are deducted and paid to the concerned Tax Authority Offices on time
• Make sure that all disbursements are in accordance with LWF financial procedures.
• Make sure that all disbursements are not out of the Budget Allocated for each line items
• As a responsible head for accounts of the project, he makes surprise cash count and reports to the Regional Coordinator.
• Where the Accountant is not convinced about certain payments or payment procedures authorized by the Regional Coordinator, he should explain her concerns. But if still there is disagreement, the accountant should refer to the Finance Manager at head office for advice.
• Perform other duties in line with his responsibilities as may be assigned to him by the Regional Coordinator.
• BA Degree in Accounting with three years relevant work experience.
• Good knowledge of accounting software such as ACCPAC and Excel.
• Strong communication skill in English (written and oral)
• Ability to interact with people
• Interested to work under pressure and in harsh environment
• Previous related experience in NGO setup is an advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.