Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Farm Africa
Deadline of this Job:
09 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the role
• The Finance and Administration Officer will ensure the smooth running of the project office through strong management of cash, stores, vehicle arrangements, communications, and handling financial activities and logistics. The Officer will administer and manage financial and other resources, including personnel, according to the project proposal and annual budget. He/she will ensure all expenditure is in line with the procedures of Farm Africa and project proposal, and will maintain proper records of project staff and resources.
Key areas of Responsibility are:
• Plan, direct and coordinate office activities.
• Work closely with the Field Office Project Coordinator and Country Office Finance & Administration Team.
• Support implementation of Farm Africa’s staff charter, staff policy and financial procedural manual
• Management of contracts (those at project level) and personnel files; increment and leave.
• Assist in staff recruitment and disciplinary issues.
• Ensure that all drivers of the project vehicles have current and clean drivers’ licenses.
• Responsible for all tracking and filing of correspondence.
• Develop and implement a project filing system that covers both electronic and physical filing.
• Manage office communication including the reception area, internal mail; staff working environment.
• Manage the operations of the project compound including telephone, electricity and water.
• Manage office transport.
• Develop close working relationships with Country Office HR and strengthen networking.
• Handle the logistic service including movements of vehicles, project inputs, stores management, and supervise purchasing.
• Develop and implement a system to ensure efficient use and safety of the project vehicles and equipment, including timely and appropriate maintenance and monitoring of costs.
• Management of staff and visitor's movement plans.
• Facilitate procurement and delivery of items.
• Manage accident reports.
• Support the field office staff on any other logistic and administration activities
• Prepare monthly account reports to submit to the Finance Manager.
• Assist the Project Coordinator to review / analyzing monthly budget monitoring reports for timely comment.
• Manage the project bank account, including preparation and recording of payments, and preparation of monthly bank reconciliation.
• Manage the petty cash and effect payments.
• Review all payments against the budget and established rules and regulations.
• In consultation with the Country Office Finance Team prepare draft donor reports when required.
• Contribute to the improvement of the finance system and working standards.
• These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
• Education, qualifications & other knowledge
• College Diploma in Accounting
• BA in Accounting
• Knowledge of employment legislation in Ethiopia
• Three years of relevant experience in accounting/financial management in an NGO or private enterprise
• Experience of asset and inventory management
• Experienced in implementation and development of HR policies and financial procedural manual
Skills & abilities
• Skills in budgeting and maintaining accounts
• Computer skills in Word, Excel and other accounting package
• Skills in working as part of a team
• Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specializing in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
• Expert: Expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
• Grounded: Our teams and partners work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
• Impactful: We deliver long-lasting change for farmers, their families, and the environments they live in.
• Bold: We model innovative approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing email@example.com with the subject Finance and Administration Officer- Dollo Ado Project by 9 June 2022.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g. Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.