Finance and Administration Manager
Deadline of this Job:
17 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact—the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved—and is committed to continuing to improve—economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
• Palladium is recruiting for manager positions for a USAID-funded project that aims to support Ethiopia’s health sector in planning, implementing, regulating, institutionalizing, and sustaining the quality improvement efforts in the country for improved client satisfaction and health service utilization to improve health outcomes. These roles will provide operational and managerial support to the COP, technical, and administrative teams, and will support overall project activities. S/he must have an appropriate balance of leadership and interpersonal skills and experience and the ideal candidate must have experience in Ethiopia and/or East Africa. Ideally these candidates will be recognized leaders in their field and will have some experience in administrative capacities or RMNCAH service delivery, quality improvement and quality assurance models and approaches, data use, health financing, or community health services. For more information on the potential project, please consult the RFI: https://govtribe.com/opportunity/federal-grant-opportunity/improving-quality-of-healthcare-iqh-rfi66322000005iqh-1. This position will be based in Addis Ababa and is contingent upon award.
The Finance and Administration Manager will support the management of project finances to ensure effective use of resources to achieve project objectives in compliance with all donor requirements. Ensure financial monitoring systems provide timely and relevant reports to Palladium staff, including analysis and tracking of grant commitments (i.e., cash advances), cash flow forecasts, obligations, awards, and liquidations, to support efficient and accountable implementation. Design and implement systems and procedures in compliance with Palladium standards, including systems and procedures to mitigate risks. Monitor annual budget and financial projections and develop realistic financial forecasts for proper project planning.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
• Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com.
We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
• Master’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any other relevant field. Professional qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
• Experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics, safety and security, and/or human resource related matters for international development activities.
• Extensive experience managing USAID contracts of $10 million or more per year dollar value.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology as well as principles and accepted procedures associated with USAID regulations is highly desirable.
• Strong oral and written communications skills in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should apply by clicking on the relevant link and indicating their position of interest: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/13406?c=palladium
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.