Finance and Administration Assistant
Jobs at:Terre des Hommes Netherlands
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Administration Assistant
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) is an international NGO committed to stopping child exploitation globally, the most serious violations of the rights of the child, is the core of Terre des Hommes Netherlands’ work. In line with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and International Labour Organization (ILO) standards as laid down in Conventions 138 and 182, our definition covers: child trafficking and unsafe migration; sexual exploitation of children; the worst forms of child labour; and child abuse including violations of the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of adolescents and retrogressive cultural practices such as child marriage and female genital mutilation. In addition, humanitarian assistance is an integral part of our activities, in particular child protection and stopping child exploitation in emergency situations. We work a lot with local partners, so we keep a good view of the local problems. Our partners know the culture and know how best to help children who are being exploited. This allows us to better organize our programs.
In East Africa, Terre des Hommes Netherlands works in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Ethiopia. We support child victims of exploitation with safeguarding, education, livelihoods support, psychosocial support, legal assistance, shelter, job opportunities and medical care; while at the same time targeting highly vulnerable children, who are at risk of being exploited, in our prevention activities. We launch public and media campaigns to create awareness on our focus issues and carry out local research into the extent and nature of abuse and exploitation of children.
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TDH-NL) has been operational in Ethiopia since 2016 and registered in Ethiopia in 2017, carrying out child protection projects within four child protection themes: the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC), the Worst Forms of Child Labour (WFCL), Child Trafficking and Migration (CTM), and Child Abuse (CA) in the form of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights. With a management structure in Addis Ababa, TdH is currently implementing Emergency and Development projects in the Amhara regional state.
Our Vision: Terre des Hommes Netherlands works towards a world where all children have a decent life and can grow up to be independent adults. A world in which children are no longer exploited. We will continue our work until this is accomplished.
Our Mission: Terre des Hommes Netherlands prevents child exploitation, removes children from exploitative situations and ensures these children can develop themselves in a safe environment.
Oversee and manage all field transactions; petty cash reimbursement and coordinating payment to suppliers, volunteers, preparing financial documentation and reporting all financial activities carried out in the field. In addition, S/he will take charge of reviewing payments, purchase requests, reviewing financial records for accuracy, prepare bank reconciliations, and conduct cash counts. S/he will ensure the strict compliance toTdH NL internal regulations, financial policies and procedures.
The Finance and Administration Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer and Humanitarian Program Officer and liaises with all program, operations departments of TdH-NL in the field and Ethiopia country office.
• Assists in collecting relevant (financial) administrative data and verifies its accuracy, reliability, completeness and timeliness.
• Assist Addis office Finance and Admin Officer in the preparation payments, purchase process of materials, advance liquidation, and travel expense reports.
• Assist and follow-up with the field team to ensure travel advances and expense reports are submitted and settled as per the TdHNL travel policy.
• Keep track record of travel expense reports and facilitate payment processes for field teams in a timely manner.
• Ensures all field team payment related and documentation requirements issues are resolved and liaised with the Finance and Admin Officer in Addis.
• Coordinate with the Finance and Admin Officer on pending documents and other service provider payments. When necessary, settle monthly withholding and income tax payments.
• Responsible for all payment and journal vouchers are filed sequentially and labelled on a monthly basis.
• Undertakes other related works assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Assists in processing, mutations or completes data after checking with the corresponding administration; identifies problems, bottlenecks or irregularities and reports on this.
• Assists in calculating, manages cash flows, makes payments and takes care of the recovery process.
• Sets up payable bills and checks payments to creditors.
• Assists in monitoring of receivables on debtors, identifies outstanding payments and sends reminders to limit the debtor’s balance.
• Processes data and performs calculations in the intended system for further processing by others.
• Controls the correctness and completeness of the ledger; checks the connection with sub-administrations.
• Manages the financial records archive, keeps it current and complete and provides the required files/documents on request.
• Assists in processing documents and other data. Prepares the correspondence in this regard and does copy work.
• Maintains various supplies (office supplies etc) and in case of shortage, handles orders to the responsible colleague.
• Ensures integrity of all financial supporting documentation, proper filing and archive.
• Acts proactively on developments that affect the financial focus area and with respect to their own department.
• Identifies potential bottlenecks in the work processes and/or financial systems; makes improvements and undertakes relevant actions, after approval by the manager.
• Guards budgets, identifies potential bottlenecks and proposes measures to be taken.
• Solves problems of a deviant nature within set guidelines and procedures.
Duty Station: Amhara Region, North Wollo (100% field based)
Contract Duration: 5 months
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer/Humanitarian Program Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Qualifications and Experiences
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Three to five years of related experience, preferably within an NGO setting.
• Good computer skill in MS Offices and operating office equipment (Scanning, Photocopy)
Skills and Competencies
• Knowledge of computerized Accounting, i.e. QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, etc
• Knowledge and practical skills in MS Excel, Google sheets and Word.
• Social skills required for communication with external relations and colleagues, the acquisition of clarifications of data, reports and the solving of problems
• Good communication skill
• Able to travel to project locations outside Addis frequently
Finance and Administration Assistant
A. Driving for quality
Set high demands on the quality of one's own work and that of others; constantly strive for improvements.
Level 1: Applies the specified quality requirements within own work and repairs mistakes.
B. Planning & Organising
The effective alignment of activities, time and resources to achieve objectives.
Level 1: Plans and organises own work in a logical way.
Possessing an eye for detail and doing things precisely as required.
Level 1: Has an eye for detail with regard to own work and that of others and in the way work is
D. Customer Focus
Anticipates and researches the expectations and requirements of the customer, connects with these and delivers added value
Level 1: Discovers the customer's issue and delivers a suitable solution
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position and your expected remuneration, no later than 25th June 2022 by 5pm (EAT).
The email subject should be marked: Application for Finance and Administration Assistant’. For more information about this position, you can contact us through the same email address.
Kindly also note that due to the expected large responses only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.