Jobs at:National Tobacco Enterprise (Ethiopia) Sh. co.
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Under the direction of immediate supervisor , supervises the maintenance of farm accounts, as well as collection , deposits ,and disbursements pertinent to the Leaf Operation Centers of the Enterprise; supervises the closing of accounts annually and as required and the preparation of financial statements as relates to the farm transactions, makes regular financial reports.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
• plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the activities of Leaf Operation Centers
• Supervises the maintenance of the Enterprise's official accounting records such as the general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, etc... related to the LOCs to provide detailed information for the general control of the Enterprise accounts.
• Supervises the consolidation of all accounts of LOCs, and follows up the settlement of all suspense accounts , payables, receivables and stocks of LOCs.
• Prepare the closing of accounts monthly, quarterly and annually and review LOCs accounts and the preparation of financial statements resulting from general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, and other sources.
• Review the collection ,deposit and disbursement of funds (cash) allotted for LOC operations , ensure the maintenance of cash receipt registers, and cheque registers , regular reconciliation of accounts with the bank including all debtors and creditors of LOCs.
• Supervises the proper maintenance of all accounting records, the pre-audit of all purchase orders ,receipts and disbursements, the preparation all payment vouchers authorizing disbursement for farm work and the recording of such payment vouchers in appropriate registers; controls the proper utilization of approved budget for LOCs.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports expected from the LOC to show the financial position and operations of the Enterprise as regards farm operations, and such other special reports as required.
• Makes systematic inspection and examination of transactions, documentations and handling of enterprise's funds related to the LOCs to avoid fraudulent acts and embezzlement; recommends improvement in the financial systems and operations.
• Supervises and ensure LOCs inventory transitions and count are properly managed and reconciled timely.
• Manages various tasks and projects as they arise and upon Manager’s request.
• BA Degree in Accounting /Accounting & Finance.
• 6 years in Accounting.
• Intermediate English (Oral & written)
• MS Office -Confident User
• Knowledge of Collective Labor Agreement, Internal Regulations & safety policies of the company
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter and Curriculum vitae only through email address Careersethiopia@jti.com and the application should be before the application deadline.
• Application email subject shall state the position title. Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.