Jobs at:National Bank of Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
09 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Financial Sector Strengthening and Access Project (FSSP) is an upstream reform operation that aims to address financial sector constraints to broad based growth in Ethiopia and through it enhances stability and soundness of the sector. The main objective of the project is to enhance financial sector stability through strengthening keys sector institutions namely National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE), Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) and Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE). The project is financed by the World Bank (WB) and implemented by NBE, CBE and DBE.
NBE has the mandate for overall project coordination of the day to day management of the project and serves as an interlocutor between the World Bank and implementing agencies. To assist with implementation of the project, the National Bank of Ethiopia would like to invite competent and energetic applicants for the post under the Project Implementation Unit.
Brief Job Descriptions are:-
• Prepare project plan and periodic progress report
• Oversees the transparency of the financial processes and use of funds and compliance with World Bank financial guidelines;
• Coordinates and supervises accounting and financial management related activities of the project
• Prepares project financial statement in accordance with acceptable financial reporting Standard.
• Conduct monthly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts of the project
• Prepare and maintain fixed assets register, tag the procured items, and keep the register up to date
• Review all receipts and disbursement, ascertain correct account distribution and ensure all support documentation is accurate
• Follow-up bank related activities including deposits, check clearance, daily account balance, and receipt related to the account
• Facilitate the compilation of annual audited project financial statements of the project
• Assist in the formulation of budget policies, and procedures and implement same when approved
• Conduct financial investigation and audits as needed
• Prepare quarterly, biannually and annually reports of the project
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English
• Excellent knowledge of the World Bank administrative and financial management procedures
• Familiarity with World Bank programme execution modalities, rules and regulations
• Strong knowledge of accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures.
• Thorough understanding on accounting standards like IFRS
• Ability to work effectively with others
• 1st Degree or above in Accounting, Accounting and Finance, Management, Business Management or Administration, Financial Management or Banking & Finance.
• 8/6/4 years of experience for 1st degree, 2nd degree or PhD holder, respectively, of which three or more years experience in world bank financed projects.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
An interested and qualified applicants should download application form from the Bank’s Website: https://nbe.gov.et/jobs-listing/ , complete all mandatory parts and send the dully filled application form with copies of Grade 8th certificate, degree/Masters/PhD and work experience using the ethioJobs application address OR the below mentioned postal address of the Bank.
Human Resource Management Directorate
National Bank of Ethiopia
P. O. Box: 5550, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Incomplete and doubtful/suspicious documents will not be accepted by the Bank.
• The Bank's application form must be dully filled and attached as per the instruction.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an assessment
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.