Jobs at:Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Deadline of this Job:
07 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
GIZ Country Office
· The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
· The GIZ Office in Addis Ababa oversees projects in Ethiopia and Djibouti where GIZ works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the German Federal Ministry of Nutrition and Agriculture (BMEL) and other commissioning parties.
· The finance department of GIZ Country office Addis Ababa ensures that all financial transactions for are executed and reported timely, correctly, and according to GIZ’s rules and regulations. It is also responsible for insuring smooth fund flow from the GIZ country office to programs and projects. The department oversees handling the opening, closing and signatory adjustment of bank accounts. It also liaises with HQ and recipients of financial agreements concluded in Germany in terms of effecting installment payments, follow-up settlements and report to headquarter.
· The Finance department seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Finance Receptionist.
· Contract duration: Unlimited
· Required Candidates: 1
· Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Ensuring accounting functions and systems are implemented according to GIZ & Internationally accepted procedures.
Supports in the Internal coordination functions within the Finance Department.
Effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team
1. Financial Service - Managing the daily Finance routines
• Receives payment requests, check contents if they Comply with GIZ Process and Rules and the GIZ Ethiopia domestic policy.
• Check different kinds of documents submitted to Finance against the appropriate “Checklists”.
• If documents submitted lack certain facts or proper supporting document, explain to the sender, and send back for amendment.
• If document submitted is complete, place the “Received Date’’ Stamp on the document.
• For complete documents, sign on “Received by” line in the Accounting Stamp, register under GIZ E-service page and submit the document to the responsible person.
• Receive customers and direct them to the proper officer in case discussion and further explanation is required.
• Update Finance IDA Page
• Deputize File and Administrative clerk during her absence
2. Internal control
Complies with GIZ Process and Rules and the GIZ Ethiopia National Personnel Policy
Supports in the provision of required vouchers during Audits in the Country Office
3. General services
• Support voucher scanning for audit purpose
4. Other duties/additional tasks
Perform other duties and tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader, whenever necessary
Required qualifications, professional experience
• Completion of College Education or similar
• Up to 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Other knowledge, additional competencies
• Knowledge of English language both in speaking and writing, German language is preferable.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (E-mail, internet, and computer applications such as MS Office)
• Strong interpersonal and service skills.
• Strong organization and time management skills
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
• Application procedure:
• Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
• Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Finance Receptionist
• #174/2022’ in the subject line of your email application.
• Due to a large number of applications, we categorize applications with vacancy numbers.
• Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
• We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In the case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
• Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.