Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Major responsibilities and End Results Expected
• Ensure the financial and accounting integrity of World Vision Ethiopia. Process funding transfer for CPO and APs as per funding request formats and procedures.
• Facilitate local travel and business advance and medical payment requests and pass the necessary entries and follow up their settlement. Handle disbursement activities at cluster level as per the partnership financial manual and internal financial policies and guidelines.
• Follow-Up long outstanding advances and payables on monthly basis and keep records up-to-date. Follow up bank matters and ensure all incoming and outgoing funds are accounted and supported with necessary backups.
• Journalize and summarize transactions by cost center and send hold data for review and posting to FAMs.
• Provide assistance, as needed, to the Cluster Finance and Administration Manager and CPO Management and staffs, on accounting issues. Provide accurate and timely financial data of CPO and APs to FAM on or before 2nd of every month.
• Ensure all cluster office level balance sheet accounts are correctly stated and outstanding balances are monitored and supported with detail schedules Reconcile World Vision Ethiopia bank accounts at cluster office level and compile APs bank reconciliation and send to FAM before 2rd of every month.
• All outstanding bank balances are followed and steal checks are communicated for reversal for APs and Do reversal for CPO. And ensure those reversals are made before preparation of the next month reconciliation.
• Participate in annual plan and budget preparation and assist FAMs in review APs cash flows. Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the cluster office support cost budget. Provide regulatory reports, like pension, tax and other applicable reports to Woreda/zonal as needed.
• Follow grant projects at cluster level and charge costs according to their nature and purpose. Ensure grant compliance are maintained like LRD and Screening process is undertaken at cluster level Collaborate with internal and external auditors for grant and sponsorship audit. Comply with World Vision Ethiopia’s accounting policies and procedures, both written and unwritten, and report any instances of non-compliance.
• Provide assistance, as needed, to the FAM, on accounting issues and management issues and do the additional job as instructed by supervisor. Ensure the financial and accounting integrity of World Vision Ethiopia.
• Recognize the importance of practicing organization core values Punctuality on working hours and effective use of working hour for organizational business Provide objectively verifiable reports to management and stakeholders Give priority to customer satisfaction Escalate abnormal, fraudulent acts to management without hesitation. Ensure confidentially for organization financial information and encounters
Education and experiences;
• Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
• Graduate Degree in Financial Análysis or Business Modelling
• Balanced combination of
• At least four years Business Management experience in INGOs and for-profit business
• Experience with financial analysis and reporting requirements
• Able to motívate staff to achieve core results
• Able to contexualize financial solutions
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Technical expertise in financial and analytics systems development
• Excellent working knowledge of GAAP
• Innovative solution provider
• Fluency in English and local language
• Able to articulate and communicate ideas well verbally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
• Balanced combination of at least four years Business Management experience in INGOs and for-profit business
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply here https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/job/Addis-Ababa-Ethiopia/Finance-Officer_R7810
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.