Jobs at:Organization for the Development of Women And Children in Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organization for the Development of Women and Children-Ethiopia (ODWaCE) has been operational since 1987 as a National Committee on Traditional Practices of Ethiopia (NCTPE) and registered as a charity in 1993 with a Vision to see Ethiopian women, girls and boys are healthy, well-educated and economically empowered and commitment to enhance the social, psychological and economic development of women and children in Ethiopia through advancing girls’ education, women and child rights, youth development, promoting sexual reproductive health information and services, capacity building, conducting research, networking, lobby & advocacy.
The organization would like to employ qualified and enthusiastic Finance officer. The post holder will be responsible to successfully lead all the financial activity of the organization and to prepare donor standard financial report.
Major Duties & Responsibility
• Coordinate budget preparation in consultation with Executive Director.
• Ensure that the budget is correctly complied in accordance with donor and organizational guidelines.
• Check account balance on monthly base and make necessary correction as the need arise;
• Prepare Bank reconciliation statements on monthly bases & follow up the statues of outstanding balance on the bank statement;
• Provide monthly budget utilization updates for program staff and management;
• Ensures adherence to the country’s financial and accounting requirements and other organizational policies and procedures to support sound financial management within the organization.
• The role requires the ability to analyze data, qualitative indicators and reported issues to determine key risks, adverse trends and the appropriate corrective measures.
• Operate and maintain the use of computerized accounting systems, spreadsheet to assist with the day to day accounting procedures, reporting requirements and network system.
• Monitor income and expenditure against budget.
• Take part in soliciting funds.
• Liaise with donors as necessary and ensure that reports to donors are produced in required formats and to required deadlines.
• Liaise with donors as necessary and ensure that the necessary funds are transmitted to the organization in time.
• Ensures that all financial and procurement transactions are conducted as per ODWaCE’s financial policies.
• Receives payment requests, checks supporting documents and coding for completeness and proper authorization.
• Prepare and check payment vouchers and ensure that all documentation is recorded and filled correctly.
• Makes sure that all financial irregularities observed and timely reported to Executive director.
• Check Payroll payments and deductions.
• Prepare, check and declare all tax settlements on time.
• Ensure that all payments are made accurately on time against receipts/invoices and other approved supportive documents with proper signature.
• Ensure that financial reports are regularly prepared for management control purpose.
• Prepare annual financial report for management, government and other stakeholders need.
• Ensure that books are audited as per the requirements of government and donors.
• Gets the accounts audited by external auditors and avails him to respond to queries concerning the accounting record & policies,
• Take measures on audit reports.
• Participate in program activities as necessary.
• Check the timely fueling of the organization’s vehicle and make sure daily and monthly vehicle related checklists and reports are used and submitted on time;
• Keep the file & profile of the organization’s staff;
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Director.
Term of Employment: One Year with high possibility of extension based on performance & availability of Fund
• BA/MA in Accounting and Finance
• 3 Years and above NGO work experience in a Similar Position
• Well Trained in Peachtree Accounting/Mandatory/
• Well Trained in IPSAS /International Public Sector Accounting Standard/Mandatory/
• Strong Communication and Interpersonal skill
• Ability to work Independently
• Experience of human resource management is an advantage and
• Self-starter and high work ethics
Language & Proficiency
• Good Command of Spoken and written English and Amharic Languages
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicant who fulfill the aforementioned minimum requirements are invited to submit their non-returnable CV and motivation letter through P.O.Box 12629 or in person at the head office, Addis Ababa- Hayahulet Mazoria, at the back of IVY & Yonas Hotel, near Self Help Organization on or before June 30, 2022. For more information you can call to 0911629111 /0911889897
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.