Jobs at:Merq Consultancy PLC
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Quality Improvement (MERQ) is a private consulting firm established by a team of enthusiastic Ethiopian professionals with a mix of medical, public health, program evaluation, health care quality, and capacity building backgrounds.
MERQ is a firm that aspires to be a pragmatic choice for those who are looking for genuine engagement in research, scientific inquiries, and program implementation. It has been operating in Ethiopia since 2013, has done several small-scale and large-scale undertakings of public health of social importance, and has collaborated with several local and international partners. Most of its engagements were contractual, and at the moment have expanded to grant management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow up and ensures timely payment of staff income tax, pension contributions, withholding tax and VAT payments and Responsible for the follow-up of the ongoing activities related to ERCA, and ensure implementation of all relevant laws and financial regulations anticipated by the Government of Ethiopia are in place along with MERQ’s internal financial and procurement procedures.
• Issue invoice for all programme income from different partners and prepare journal entries for posting.
• Responsible for petty cash management and all supporting documents.
• Follow up all paid payment requests during the month has marked as PAID” each day
• Balance financial activities at the end of each work day in QuickBooks to make sure company finances are current and without error and notify for supervisor immediately for any discrepancy noted in balancing MERQ finances.
• Prepare Bank reconciliation and pass the necessary journal entries with supporting documentation within 10days at the end of each month.
• Receipts, payment vouchers, and all other financial transaction records should be recorded daily according to MERQ’s SOP and filed securely and confidentially.
• Scan and keep all financial documents by weekly.
• Review all financial transactions and records for compliance with all policies and procedures before processing, attach checklist for all documents
• Follow up and make sure that advance payments are settled on a timely manner,
• Check payment requests carefully and ensure all necessary approvals and coding is included before processing payments
• Prepare all type of payments (Wire and cheque) including payroll and consultants’ payments after having all supporting documents and approval from responsible person. And also, perform accounting computations and calculations accurately.
• Assist with audits, both internal and external, of MERQ’s financial statements in a secure and confidential manner, and with high degree of details and provision of the necessary backup documentation used as guiding documents for financial transactions.
• Assist in preparation of cash forecast and cash request from MERQ USA.
• Provide support in preparing the financial reports in the accounting and finance system as per the instructions received from the senior leadership.
Competencies and skills
• BA degree in Accounting or Accounting & Finance or Economics or related field of studies
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a finance role
• Understanding of data privacy standards
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
• Deep understanding of business principles and practices
• Superior attention to detail. Knowhow
• Computer skills
• Multi-tasking abilities
• Proven experience as a Finance role including audit
• Experience in the business/consultancy sector
• Proficient user of finance software/QuickBooks
• A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
• Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter through Email: email@example.com before midnight of June 17/2022. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.