Jobs at:Dan Church Aid
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organisation working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life in dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works includes humanitarian response, food security, resilience building of vulnerable community members, and gender and capacity building of civil society organisations. DCA currently has its main office in Addis Ababa and field offices in Gambella, Bale, Afar and Waghimra.
• DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Finance Officer based in Addis Ababa.
Overall Job purpose:
• Under the supervision of the Finance Manager (FM) the FO is responsible for accounting, review the accounting documents and report, posting of transactions, internal control and banking operation of Afar and Waghimra Field offices.
Planning and Budgeting
• Responsible for preparation of your personal bi-weekly plan and accomplishment report, which you submit and present at the time of staff meeting
• With the help of your line Manager, you are responsible to develop your annual objectives for half-year or annual performance appraisal as per DCA standards
• Assist HOF/FM in budget proposal development and preparation of annual field office running budget and revision
• Compile field offices cash forecast and submit to country office finance officer and follow up timely transfer of cash to field offices
• Assist HOF/FM budget monitoring; produce monthly BVA and provide for respective managers highlighting on major variances with the budget and also annual turnover
• Review partners budget; participate in partner budget appraisal and give technical input when assigned by HOF/FM
• Prepare project budget for submission to government by making appropriate split between program and admin when assigned by HOF/FM
• Prepare BOs and enter the budget in Maconomy
• Assist FM in reviewing of interim and annual reports received from partners, communicate with partners for clarification on reports and provide feedbacks
• Run field offices cost allocation when assigned by HOF/FM in line with the overhead cost allocation procedure
• Perform time-reallocation as required
• Review project entries and make timely correction if any
• Journalize adjustment/correction vouchers with prior communication to his/her immediate supervisor
• Review accounting document (payment vouchers, collection and general journal entries, reconciliation reports and others) received from field offices under your responsibility and post monthly transaction into Maconomy
• Facilitate and follow-up the transfer of cash to partners and timely receipts of transfer acknowledgement and give regular update to HOF/FM on status
• Follow-up statutory obligations including taxes, pensions, provident funds are paid at field offices on time and bring to the attention of HOF/FM for missing the deadlines or long outstanding balances
• Ensure that recording to Maconomy are entered timely at field office level and inform your supervisor when communication and timely recording and reporting are concerns at field office level
• Support departments and field offices in financial management aspects
• Communicate your supervisor when there is a requirement for change in level of privilege in accessing Maconomy or addition or modification to charts. Task lists, and other items within Maconomy
• Ensure that the financial documentations are well captured, filed, complete and secured at field office
• Work as procurement committee team when assigned
• Ensure that procurement activities are conducted in line with Procurement manuals of DCA
• Ensure the maximum integrity and independence when conducting assessment of procurement documents as a team and individually
• Sign the impartiality and confidentiality clause
• Responsible for recommendation of improvements in the procurement process and also reporting of any irregularities observed in the process to your immediate supervisor
• Facilitate and provide support during annual entity audit and project and program audits
• Attend entry and exit conference, provides explanation and follow-up for audit queries when assigned by your supervisor
• Follow-up for the implementation of audit findings and recommendations provides by internal and external auditors, which are within your scope and work with your supervisor to address others outside your scope
• Provide support for DCA implementing partners when they have issues in accounting, reporting and other compliance issues.
• Conduct partners monitoring visits as per approved monitoring plan
• Ensure that partners are submitting quality financial reports and are receiving funds timely
• Review the financial reports submitted by partners and communicate partners for feedback and improvement as applicable
• Participate in partner assessment and selection process with HOF/FM.
• Outline the gaps identified and organize a capacity building session to fill the gaps and improve their internal control system, setup, institutional capacity to the level of DCA’s expectation
• Collaborate with other departments
• Accomplish other tasks assigned or delegated by Head of Field office
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/VA-19/2022
Required number: One
Type of Contract: One Year
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Required knowledge and experience:
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• BA degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields
• 5years of relevant experience in the area of expertise.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified applicants should click here to apply
• DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.