Jobs at:Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• General Duties 31 May 2022
• Maintain financial records for project or other office accounts for which responsibility is assigned, ensuring AIRD Financial Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are strictly enforced
• Record receipts and payments, assure accuracy of computation and completeness of documents and maintain continuing status of allotment against obligations.
• Review adequacy of supporting documentation for all documentation forwarded for payment.
• Responsible for timely processing of staff advances for travel and activities at field level
• Prepare recurring reports on assigned accounts, noting problems resulting from excess cost or less-than-expected receipts (budget monitoring)
• Assist in budget preparation of Admin./Finance and Human Resource, including the development of new business cost proposals
• Maintain Cash and bank books, in accordance with AIRD’s SOPs: review expenses incurred from petty cash; ensure timely petty cash replenishment, keep a clear tracker of all bank transactions.
• Responsible for ensuring that supplier invoices submitted in the field are paid within agreed timelines, ensuring that all hard copy vouchers are duly authorized before payment and filing,
• Manage a systematic financial filing system that is sequential, complete, and up to date.
• Monitor field office(s) bank accounts balances and advises on funds transfer periods and amounts.
• Perform Budget to actual reports (BVA), financial projections and burn rates analysis for agreements; financial analyses based on project activities.
• Prepare and submit accurate and timely financial donors reports
• Support Donor-related compliance/Business Systems Reviews, including follow up and complete resolution of findings; support annual internal and external audits and compliance review functions and follow up of findings.
• Perform other related duties as required
• Data entry in QuickBooks Accounting System.
• Perform daily and monthly cash & bank reconciliations.
• Support HR management and maintain staff files/records,
• Support project Administration (prepare routine correspondences, recording in/out correspondences, prepare and filing contracts, maintain visitor’s books/appointment,
• As custodian of the cheque books, ensure safety, sequential cheque writing, counterfoil controls and application of new cheque books as appropriate.
• Prepare and submit monthly BVA reports to Management
• Prepare and submit donors reports in line with contractual obligations.
• Reports to: Country Director or the officer in charge during his/her absence
• Must be conversant in English, Amharic (written and spoken)
• Required Qualifications and Key Competences:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field of study 31 May 2022
• A qualified professional certificate like ACCA, CIMA will be an added advantage
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience directly supporting/managing Finance in an NGO or corporate environment with at least 2 years in a similar position.
• Solid knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
• Experience in using QuickBooks accounting system, solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems; particularly Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent knowledge of the Ethiopian fiscal environment
• Working knowledge and understanding of UN, Government funded projects as well other Grants’ rules and regulations.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English.
• Highly organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task while working as part of a team
• Possess strong accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow through
• Computer literate, with strong knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail and Internet.
• Honest, energetic, independent, self-motivated and administratively self-sufficient; problem Solving skills and Flexibility.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply and attach both cover letter and resume on the email address below: Ethiopia.email@example.com
• Note: Use"Finance Officer" as the subject line of your email!
• Cover letter should be addressed to the: Country program Director AIRD – Ethiopia Program Application Deadline: Monday 20th June 2022 at 5:30pm
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.