Vacancy title: Finance Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: Catholic Relief Services - CRS
Deadline of this Job:
03 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
• Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
• Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Project Insight, Oracle application financial accounting package.
• Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
• Help evaluate subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
• Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
• Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
• Prepare a VAT refund form for all USAID grants by monthly base
• Submit the VAT refund request including partners to USAID for review
• Follow up and collect those requests we submitted to USAID and complete all the documentation and additional requirements if there are any request or recommendation they provide and submit again those requests to ERCA for their payment preparation
• Have a follow-up with partners for their timely submission and make sure that all the request and support documents are fully completed
• Collect the check from ERCA and deposit on our CRS and partners respected account on timely base
• Ensure that all the copy documents are kept in safe way and those should be receded and filling properly
• Prepare monthly, Quarterly and yearly report and provide for users as needed
• Produce VAT reports and make reconciliation if there are any abnormal balance and provide those reconciled reports for the project holders/users
• Provide useful information for financial information users regarding VAT
• Prepare monthly WHT payments, fill/update declaration form on E-tax website and pay to ERCA using E-payment
• Work as a focal person for the VAT related issues.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
• Minimum of two years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
• Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
• Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Project Insight, Oracle application financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
• Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively
Required/Desired Foreign Language English
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Key Working Relationships:
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Trusting Relationships
• Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
You should fill the application form through this link: https://form.jotform.com/221732383386560 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline July 03, 2022.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.