Jobs at:Action Against Hunger
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
I. Summary of position
• Execute middle range multi-financial tasks
• The Finance Officer role’s purpose, engagement and delivery is:
Purpose (The substantive focus of the job encompassing scope, depth and difficulty of work both conceptual and applied)
Objective 1: Treasury Forecast and Management
- Forecast cash flow positions and funds available for operation
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available in the mission to meet ongoing operational costs
- Ensure excess balance is managed properly
- Consolidate the Treasury forecast of the mission
- Receive Treasury forecast on monthly basis from field
- Check the accurateness of the Treasury forecast received from field
- Ensure monthly Treasury Forecast received from the field is in line with the forecast on BFUs
- Check the funds available and the TF is produced in consideration of the available funds
- Submit the monthly treasury forecast to the Deputy Country Finance Manager: Budget and
- Make sure transfers are done to bases on the TF received from them twice a month on timely manner and in respect of the Cash Management Policy of the organization
Objective 2: Cash and Voucher Program
- Lead the process and preparation with service provider at capital level
- Prepare payment sheet using standard templates and inputs received from Deputy Country Finance Manager: Compliance and Audit
- Ensure appropriate templates and donor visibility are used during preparation of payment sheets and other supporting documents
- Ensure the data presented on all the cash and voucher program documents are accurate and consistent while preparing payment sheets and other supporting documents
- Share all the pre-payment supporting documents (payment sheets, confirmation sheets, etc.) to Deputy Country Finance Manager: Compliance and Audit for compliance check and validation
- Ensure the service provider provide all the necessary supporting documents as per the agreement
- Collect all post-payment supporting documents from the field and share to Deputy Country Finance Manager: Compliance and Audit for final compliance check
- Ensure the transaction is posted in the accountancy with the right data
Objective 3: VAT Reports and Refunds
- Check VAT is separately posted in the monthly accountancy for projects funded by US agencies
- Produce VAT report and submit to Donor or Consortium lead agency to be processed
- Follow up with donors or Consortium lead agency on the status of submitted refund requests
- Follow up and ensure the VAT reimbursement is done and posted in accountancy appropriately
Objective 5: Supplementary Tasks
- Finance vouchers printing and management. E.g. check the stock and order new printings in consultation with the Country Finance Manager ,dispatch the vouchers to field offices based on the need, collect used/unused vouchers as per the need
- Pre-validation procurement document package check
- Prepare Expat Tax payments
- Processing of payments for field at capital
- Support the Senior Finance Officer: Accountancy on the subject of electronic bundle
- Facilitate bank signatory change on behalf of finance with consultation of Country Finance
- Update the bank signatory table every month and share with the SMT
- Provision of budget line and control of budget line for travel
- Codification of staff benefit payments (severance pay, seniority bonus, etc.)
- Facilitate Procurement Request for capital finance department
• Engagement: (The focus of interaction both internally and externally needed to deliver a service seek collaboration and build effective partnerships)
Objective 6: Shared Tasks
- Take part in the training sessions of the department as mentor
- Take part in the inductions for newly recruited staffs of finance and non-finance
- Regular field visit to the bases to provide technical support
- Support the team in universal tasks
- Provide support in actions assigned by the Supervisor/Head of Department
Delivery: (The focus on the execution of the work and the role on the team for supporting business/operational functions in terms of timeliness and quality)
Objective 4: Payroll Reconciliation
- Produce monthly payroll reconciliation
- Receive latest accountancy system backup
- Generate monthly ledgers from the system
- List all the monthly costs (Salary, Pension, Bonuses, Medical Expenses) related to each staff and out under the budget code and budget line the cost allocated to which is in match with the total cost incurred
- Reconcile the monthly payroll generated with the previous one to see the difference and put explanation
II. Supervisory Responsibilities
III. Gender Equality Commitments
· Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
· Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
· Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
· Value and respect all cultures.
IV. Fiscal Responsibility
V. Physical Demands
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VI. Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
• The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
• Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Degree in Accounting or related fields and 3+ years of related working experiences.
Required Skills & Competencies
• Good command of the English language, Accounting software ,Strong Analytical skills, Strong planning skill, Ability to forecast, Computer skill, Good oral and written Communication Skill, Decision making skill, Problem-solving skills, Ability to work to deadlines
• Professionalism, Team Work, Proactive, Motivational, Autonomy
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Finance Officer -Sekota ” written in the subject line, and three references, applying directly in person to our Sekota and Bahir Dar office at working hours.
• Deadline: November 15/2022
• NB: Only short listed applicants will be, communicated on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.