Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
• Reporting to the Finance Controller, will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting unit to ensure value for money in all the transactions. Complying with all donor requirement when it comes to financial transaction and documents
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up before payment processing.
• Review all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
• In liaison with Logistics and Administration departments, prepare commitments every month for financial obligations already entered into.
• Facilitate all Internal and External audits and inform FM/FC any issues which need attention.
• Performs daily cashier duties: Receives, pays out petty cash (Local Currency & USD), makes payments for approved purchases; receives and holds receipts and/or advance documents; reconciles daily cash disbursements.
• Preparation of cash and bank reconciliations by the end of every month to be reviewed by the FM and approved by the FC.
• Monitor BVA and share monthly spending plan to Finance Controller
• Carry out weekly cash counts and at the end of each month. All cash counts should be documented.
• Liaison with bank officials to resolve problems or facilitate improved service.
• Monitor the bank balance and ensure that sufficient funds are available before making payments.
• Ensure that cash advance paid out are resolved within the set time frame.
• Preparing all balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis to be reviewed and approved by the Finance Controller.
• Contributes significantly to the ongoing process of continuous improvement of the financial management system and the internal control.
• Ensure compliance with Alight procedures and guidelines and report to the FC all anomalies in implementing Alight Internal policies.
• Ensure that field offices end of month (EOM) submission of financial reports is received in time.
• Sport check on vouchers’ reference and filling.
• Acting as the primary liaison for the field office finance staff for policy or procedure questions.
• Providing training to finance staff on Alight accounting procedures and requirements, assists the Area Coordinators and program staff in finance related to budget, BVA and other issues and activities.
• Review cash and bank accountabilities, cash counts and report to Finance Controller.
• Review vouchers and other financial documents for accuracy, completeness, relevance, reasonableness, allow ability, and compliance, and point out anomalies to the Finance Controller.
• In conjunction with the Finance Controller developing or revising policy and procedures and assists in the implementation.
• The processing of the national payroll ensuring standard financial controls are maintained.
• Ensuring payroll reports and cash is distributed to the required locations in time for all staff to be paid at 30th of every month. Timesheet submitted staff list must be collected from HR & Capacity Building Coordinator before transferring salary to individual staff bank accounts.
• Preparation of the necessary related accounting entries including salary allocations.
• Serving as primary liaison with HR and the field offices on payroll related issues.
• Liaison with local government to ensure compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
• Check the accuracy and completeness of monthly payroll information, update (medical/GPA insurance amortization, salary advances, personal phone calls, overtime and any other dedications or additions) prior to submission to Finance Controller.
• In liaison with the HR Manager, follow up and certify that staff complete their timesheet timely.
• Ensure data required for donor reporting is recorded and adequately captured on the vouchers by donor, fund codes and Chart of accounts. Discuss any coding errors with FC/FM before capturing them in Financial System.
• Preparation of Draft Donor reports for review by the Finance Controller.
• Assess the current filling system for effective safeguarding of documentations and recommend best way to the Finance Controller.
• Ensure that adopted filling system is clearly understood by finance staff and strictly followed.
• Supervise directly the Finance Assistants and other relevant staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
• Represent Alight in matters related to Finance with donors and other coordination mechanisms, national and regional authorities, NGO/UN networks and other parties as necessary ensuring that all relevant partners are kept positively informed.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, with frequent visits to other regions.
Country Program: Ethiopia
Reporting to: Finance Controller
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• BA degree in Business, accounting/accounting and Finance or related course required.
• MA degree preferable
• At least 3 years’ Experience in field of Finance, or accounting working with an International NGO or other big organizations.
• Proven organizational skills and multitask under tight deadlines.
• Proficient in use of computers, able to use - Microsoft Word, Excel and Epi-Info and relevant data processing software packages. Should be conversant with use of internet and email systems
• Excellent report writing skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Amhara language.
• Fluency in other local, National and foreign languages is a plus
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
• Excellent coordination and communication skills
• Should have good documentation and dissemination / presentation skills
• Should be able to live, work and travel in an insecure environment, always following strict security guidelines.
• Proven capacity to work in a quickly moving, unstable situation and work against targeted outputs with tight time frames and deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• High level of confidentiality and integrity.
• Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments.
• Strong service orientation with the ability to proactively approach staff to understand their needs and to find effective solutions.
• Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner.
• Understanding of and commitment to the “Humanitarian principles”
• Understanding of and commitment to Alight code of conduct and organizational goals
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified candidates can submit 1 page motivation/cover letter and Current CV and updated CV with three references (2-3 pages) send to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 15, 2022, COB.
• Please, indicate the position/title applied for in your cover letter and/or subject of the email
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Only qualified applicants will be short listed and contacted.
• Open to Ethiopian nationals ONLY
“Females are strongly encouraged to apply"
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.