Finance Officer - Roster
Jobs at:Plan International Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position holder will be responsible to all record keeping, reporting and compliance issues of program/project funds. He/ She is directly accountable for cashier.
The purpose of the position is to ensure that all financial transaction of the program area will captured in the system; all tax related commitments are settled and ready for future reference. Accordingly, the position holder is responsible for all record keeping, reporting and compliance issues of program / project.
• Prepare cheque after checking all financial documents are reviewed & approved.
• Prepare: - payment voucher, cash receipt, withholding tax voucher for suppliers, purchase order, journal vouchers, and submit the hard copy to be reviewed & approved.
• Prepare monthly budget vs Expenditure reports per source and update project coordinators, PAM and PA Finance coordinator for timely utilization.
• Prepare Monthly payrolls for staffs on timely basis.
• Close follow up of GIK receipts, distributions & reporting to project coordinators, PAM, PA Finance coordinator and CO staffs.
• Keep filling systems in which documents could be readily available, easily traced and ensure that all documents fulfil the appropriate source document.
• Conduct surprise cash counts handled by cashier and report to the Program Area Finance Coordinator directly on regular basis.
• Keep separate records of all fixed asset purchase with program, sponsorship and projects.
• Responsible for the timely settlement of cash advance and report to the Program Area Finance coordinator if there is any delay.
• Perform timely payment of Tax and Pension fund.
• Engage in partnership document review and liquidation.
• Replace the task of cashier in his/her absence/when necessary.
• Keep proper documentation
• Perform other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor
Dealing with Problems:
• The post holder will engage in various PA and sub-office transactions processing coming from programme coordinators/officers and this needs strong knowledge of case management and how to prioritize the same.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
• Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
• Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted
Educational Qualification and Experience:
• BA Degree or Diploma in Accounting/Business Management & related fields with five years of practical experience in the position in similar organization.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience out of which 1 year at supervisory level
• Sound analytical and problem-solving capability;
• Ability to influence others’ behaviour through effective relationship building; through current knowledge and understanding of relevant policies, frameworks etc.
• In-depth knowledge of project processes, procedures, and systems.
• May require ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to a non-technical audience.
• Basic knowledge of Finance role.
• High level of communication both written and oral.
• Excellent Knowledge of Computer applications like Excel, Word, Access and Power point.
• Grant management and reporting skill.
• High level facilitation skill.
• Knowledge in bank correspondence and mode of payments.
• Supervisory skill.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is July 15, 2022. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the links provided below.
For internal applicants:
• Click HERE to apply
For external applicants:
• Click HERE to apply
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
• Make sure to mention your specific location on your Application letter for which location you are applying.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.