Finance Officer (Project)
Jobs at:Christian Aid
Deadline of this Job:
19 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart. Christian Aid in Ethiopia has three strategic priority areas. These are climate justice, Economic justice, humanitarian/resilience and addressing Gender and social inclusion as a cross cutting priority.
• To be responsible for working with Christian Aid Ethiopia main office finance and administration units and Christian Aid Ethiopia Field offices to assist them in financial, compliance and procurement management. And, to assist aspects of Christian Aid's financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance that relate to internal policies, regulatory requirements and donor requirements. To support CAE field office finance units as well as program staffs on financial and administrative issues.
• You are an experienced professional finance management expert in providing financial monitoring and reporting of actual spends against budget. You are expected to make decisions on the content and accuracy of monthly financial reports. Moreover, you will be providing advice on financial policies and procedures and identify financial training needs of local Christian Aid staff and thereby make sure that this is addressed.
• Financial capacity building delivered to field office finance and program staffs to including
• providing basic information on reporting, compliance and documentation;
• CA Ethiopia field offices comply with Christian Aid's internal rules, institutional donors' requirements and national regulations and guidance;
• Field offices meeting financial reporting requirements in accordance with internal rules of CA;
• Field offices meeting financial reporting requirements in accordance with institutional donor’s requirements;
• Good relationships with field offices and main office of CA Ethiopia are maintained in regards with financial and administrative issues;
• Project financial resources information is timely provided, and effective utilization of the resources are ensured.
• External auditors appointed to conduct donors funded projects. Partners organizations on financial management and compliance issues. ERCA regulatory body on payment of monthly regulator deductions from CO staffs and other reporting issues;
• Christian Aid Ethiopia field offices team on issues of financial, compliance and administrative nature; Programme, Administration and Finance teams of CAE country office. Restricted Funds Accountants teams in Finance unit in London. Program funding & compliance teams in regional offices
• Providing advice on both Christian Aid and institutional donor financial policies and procedures to field offices and partner organizations when necessary. Analyze, advise and prepare financial capacity building initiatives for field offices and partner organizations in collaboration with Program Finance Officer. Make decisions on the content and accuracy of field offices and partner financial reports. Able to provide analysis and advice to Christian Aid programme staff and other staff on relationships with field offices and partner organizations.
• Ability to apply logical thinking and common sense to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, but also carrying out some routine work.
• Developing self and others
• Continuously look for opportunities for self-development. Give and receive honest and open feedback in a timely manner. Will advise others in some technical financial matters.
• This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to make a difference, looking to be part of an exciting time within Christian Aid and working in a hard-working, friendly, open team.
• To help us assess your suitability for the post, you are required to answer the following questions on the application form:
• As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
• Build partnerships
• Tell us about a time when you actively consulted with others to ensure that you understood their needs or goals before taking action
• What was the situation? What different expectations were involved?
• What was expected of you?
• What did you do? How did you take those actions?
• What was the impact? Were you successful? How did you know?
• Steward resources
• Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources
• What was the context?
• What was expected of you?
• What action(s) did you take?
• What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?
• Deliver results
• Tell us about a time when you had to make recommendations or take decisions after analyzing data, information and other evidence
• What was the background? What recommendations or decisions did you have to take?
• What was your particular task or responsibility?
• What actions did you take? How did analyze the information and data?
• What was the outcome? Were you successful?
• Minimum of BA degree in Accounting/ Finance from recognized University. At least 4 years NGO experience
• Knowledge of different training methodologies.
• Knowledge of financial standards required by donors.
• Knowledge of local financial standards and legal framework.
• Experience of writing and reviewing financial reports and records.
• Experience of creating and monitoring budgets and working with compliance regulations.
• Considerable experience in delivering financial training using different methodologies.
• Exposure to spreadsheet and word processing packages.
• Experience of timely collecting and complying financial report form different offices/ partners.
• Knowledge of NGOs regulatory environment in Ethiopia.
• Part- Qualified IFAC accountant (ACCA, CPA) and training related qualification
• Knowledge of institutional donor requirements.
• Knowledge of local partners/NGOs and development.
• Advanced use of Excel.
• Experience of dealing with institutional donor fund accounting.
• Experience of using computerized financial reporting tools.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements for this post, please go to https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk/vacancy/finance-officer-project-3745-nca-compound/3763/ description/ to apply
• We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
• You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
• Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.