Finance Officer- Ethiopia
Jobs at:christian Aid
Deadline of this Job:
19 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To be responsible for working with Christian Aid Ethiopia main office finance and administration units and Christian Aid Ethiopia Field offices to assist them in financial, compliance and procurement management. And, to assist aspects of Christian Aid's financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance that relate to internal policies, regulatory requirements and donor requirements. To support CAE field office finance units as well as program staffs on financial and administrative issues.
• Financial capacity building delivered to field office finance and program staffs to including providing basic information on reporting, compliance and documentation;
• CA Ethiopia field offices comply with Christian Aid's internal rules, institutional donors' requirements and national regulations and guidance;
• Field offices meeting financial reporting requirements in accordance with internal rules of CA;
• Field offices meeting financial reporting requirements in accordance with institutional donor’s requirements;
• Good relationships with field offices and main office of CA Ethiopia are maintained in regards with financial and administrative issues;
• Project financial resources information is timely provided, and effective utilization of the resources are ensured.
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise
• Minimum of BA degree in accounting/ finance from recognized University.
• Knowledge of different training methodologies.
• Knowledge of financial standards required by donors.
• Knowledge of local financial standards and legal framework.
• Experience of writing and reviewing financial reports and records.
• Experience of creating and monitoring budgets and working with compliance regulations.
• Considerable experience in delivering financial training using different methodologies.
• Exposure to spreadsheet and word processing packages.
• Experience of timely collecting and complying financial report form different offices/ partners.
• Knowledge of NGOs regulatory environment in Ethiopia.
• Part- Qualified IFAC accountant (ACCA, CPA) and training related qualification
• Knowledge of institutional donor requirements.
• Knowledge of local partners/NGOs and development.
• Advanced use of Excel.
• Experience of dealing with institutional donor fund accounting.
• Experience of using computerised financial reporting tools.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 6
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.