Jobs at:Lifebox Foundation Inc
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Manager - Eastern & Southern Africa
Purpose Of The Role
To contribute to the effective organization and delivery of Lifebox Ethiopia’s finance operations; and to contribute to the effective financial management and reporting of all East and Southern Africa operations. The position reports to the Lifebox Global Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will work closely with all members of the global Lifebox team.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Lifebox’s operational delivery and organization in Ethiopia, and within the East & Southern Africa region, pertaining to finance. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Ensure robust and accurate fiscal management at Lifebox Ethiopia; including timely completion of annual budgeting and mid-year reforecast processes, preparation of budget estimates for grants and project proposals and reporting on these, and timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organizational and donor requirements and deadlines;
• Produce timely, accurate and relevant monthly management accounts;
• Producing other reports and recommendations as appropriate;
• Following established procedures and policies and, with the guidance of the Global Finance Manager, improving systems and controls surrounding all aspects of the organization’s financial management;
• Responsible for treasury management and reconciliation of the bank and cash accounts, preparation of monthly financial records, ensuring financial and resource accountability;
• Responsible for the bookkeeping of all Lifebox Foundation activities in Ethiopia and East & Southern Africa, including statutory tax filings and submissions;
• Preparation of grant funds reports and budgets;
• Carry out period end and year-end financial operations;
• Ensure custody and management of accounting documents for records as required for statutory auditing and grant auditing;
• Oversee annual financial audit process for Lifebox Ethiopia;
• To provide cover for and complement the work of other finance staff;
• Any other duties that may be reasonably requested, commensurate with ability and experience
• Other responsibilities may be added depending on experience and need.
Contract: Full-time 12 month
Reporting to: Lifebox Global Finance Manager
• BCom Accounting/ Finance/ related
• Minimum 5 year's recent exposure in relevant comparable roles within the international non-profit sector in Ethiopia or globally;
• Working knowledge of donor reporting and compliance requirements (institutional donors such as USAID and foundations), as well as restricted/unrestricted grants management;
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple work streams, and to work independently and proactively;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain internal and external relationships with stakeholders, partners, and staff;
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Amharic language skills.
• ACCA/ CIMA.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV (resume) and a covering letter, detailing how you meet the selection criteria. Please include details of two referees with full contact details.
Please note the following:
Correspondence will only be entered with candidates who have been short-listed. If you have not received a reply within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Lifebox is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.