Jobs at:Dawit Dreams
Deadline of this Job:
29 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• As part of its corporate strengthening efforts to meet the ever growing demand for the Dawit Dreams Institute, we would like to hire a Financial Manager to implement the day-to-day activities of the Finance and Operational functions of the company. This position reports to the Deputy CEO and will work with other members of the corporate services team in this dynamic and multi-dimensional company. We are looking for someone with the highest levels of integrity, tenacity and laser sharp focus.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Produce accurate financial reports, budgeting, managing credit, projecting profit
• Develop and implement enthusiastic customer service culture from finance perspective for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead the process of annual review, preparation, and administration of wage and salary.
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and report variances
• Monitor internal control, oversee and/or prepare periodic income statements and present to management periodic evaluation meetings.
• Lead the internal and external audit processes by working with internal clients and the external auditor
• Prepare and publish timely and periodic financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Coach the finance officer and other members of the finance team members on policies, procedures, and
• Progressively defend the company’s financial interests with evidence from regulatory understanding and past experience when coming under pressure from internal and external stakeholders
• Manage records, receipts, and conduct periodic reconciliation of transactions
• Process invoices, prepare balance sheets, and become the business
• Any other tasks assigned by the Deputy CEO
• Coordinate and ensure procurement of goods and services in terms of Quality, Cost, and Durability principles
• Ensure availability of operationally deemed essential goods and services all the times
• Keep proper registration and periodical count of inventories and fixed assets of the company
• Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-growing company and provide solutions to these growing pains
• Ability to think strategically and execute with efficiency
• Understands and respects the importance of discretion in dealing with financial matters
• Strong adherence to standards, systems, and protocol in ensuring the corporate health of the organisation
• Ability to adapt to and perform well in a multicultural setting composed of people from different backgrounds and strong opinions
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognised University with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Three years experience working in a medium size enterprise in Ethiopia with more than 30 employees and annual revenues of more than ETB30million
• Experience in implementing financial reporting according to IFRS for SMEs is strongly desired
• Experience working on accounting software like Sage Peachtree software
• Excellent oral representation, writing, and reading skills in English, ability to communicate in more than one Ethiopian language strongly desired
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date with "Finance Manager” as the email subject line. Incomplete submissions will be disqualified.
• a cover letter explaining why you are interested to be the HR Manager
• a one-page resume
• contact details for two references (one who has managed you, the other who is someone you’ve been a leader to)
• Women are highly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.