Vacancy title:Finance Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Accounting , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:COMUNITA VOLONTARI PER IL MONDO (CVM
Deadline of this Job:14 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. About CVM
Comunità Volontari per il Mondo (CVM) is a non-profit making Christian Organization based in Ancona, Italy. It was founded in 1978 by a group of people who had deeply dedicated but also had the concern to help people in their struggle to exist in this world irrespective of who are and where they are from. Comunità Volontari per il Mondo (CVM) has been working in Ethiopia since 1995, focusing its work on water, hygiene, and sanitation, HIV prevention, and control through socio-health interventions, promotion of social policies and human rights, promoting social inclusion and minority rights, support for training and access to education, socio-economic and micro-credit development, decent work for Domestic Workers and safe migration. CVM is being implemented diverse projects in different regions of Ethiopia.
2. Function of the Job
The Finance manager will oversight of all accounting, procurement, budget and human resource functions in the CVM Ethiopia.
The Finance manager will build and lead a team of professionals to service the organization through financial management, reporting, human resources management and contract management. He/she will develop and implement processes and procedures for both field office and country office related to finance, human resources and contract management. He/ She will utilize accurate financial reporting and analytics to assist the executive team with strategic planning and evaluation. He/she will ensure compliance with all applicable finance and human resource related laws and regulations. This position will work with different teams across the organization and the field including programs and partners.
a) Internal and external financial planning and reporting:
Oversee a team to ensure accurate input and maintenance of financial data in both accounting and donor reporting systems.
Creation of accounting processes and procedures across the organization.
Accurate cash position projections to assist with short-term and long-term decision making.
Prepare budget and expenditure analysis monthly, quarterly, biannually and annually for all programs, make costs benefit analysis of activities and come up with suggestions and recommendations to Project Facilitators and Supervisor.
Preparation of periodical (monthly, quarterly, semiannually and annually) financial reports and present to the country office, the head quarter and the donor.
Reconciles bank balance as per records with the balance on bank statement (Prepare Bank Reconciliation).
Develop a chart of accounts to move towards activity-based budgeting.
Monitor and share bank statement with Supervisor and HQ once a week.
Supervises that the offices’ cash operations are carried out properly and whenever irregularities are observed, report to Supervisor.
Prepare and Send cash transfer request after Supervisor’s approval as per Project Facilitators request.
Make sure Finance assistants had paid monthly taxes and any other obligations.
Ensure all balance sheet payables and receivables are cleared on time and respond if any comment regarding of balance sheet every month.
Monitor the performance of the Finance Assistants through the year providing regular feedback on progress towards meeting agreed objectives and any improvement needed. And conduct a biannual performance evaluation.
Ensure that all the procurement procedures are respected and are operational in project offices in accordance of procurement principles.
Coordinate and follow up the transportation procedures for materials delivered to project areas.
Ensure that stock and equipment management is effectively utilized.
Coordinate vehicles management, maintenance program, insurance, status monitoring, follow up vehicle formats are analysed and undertaken well.
Prepare financial document for auditing, ensure that accounts are audited yearly by assigned company and facilitate in the best way possible the audit process.
b) Responsible for human resource functions:
• Oversee a team that manages essential human resource functions for the country team.
• Overall responsible of the Human Resource management. Update and keep records, staff files and perform follow up on the Human Resource of the Organization, notify timely the status of the contract renewal to Supervisor and HQ.
• Ensure that proper communication channel is maintained between all offices and relevant people.
• Spend a significant amount of the time in field visits to project areas and conduct field assessment on the projects and come up with recommendations.
• Ensure that the Organization’s resources (staff, financial and material etc) are utilized with good care and according to the spirit of the Organization, building up people’s projects rather than CVM structures;
Keep kindly and effective relation with local partners and authorities, ensure the Organization is represented in the whole value is inspired by.
Oversight of compliance with donor and organizational laws and regulations.
Organize face to face and on-line staff trainings on HR manual, financial manual, compliance, code of conduct, conflict of interest, whistleblowing, procurement, etc.
Ensure all policies and regulations are applied to all interventions.
c) Contract Management:
• Process contracts with new staff, consultants, contractors and vendors.
• Manage workflow with legal advisor for all reviews.
• Keep track of all invoices paid through legal agreements.
• Manage all modifications to agreements or termination of agreements as necessary.
• Work closely with other management staff for technical aspects of contracts before processing.
d) Other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration. Master degree preferred.
• Five (5) years’ job-related experience in a managerial finance role.
• Proficient knowledge of accounting and financial procedures; and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of Human Resources functionalities.
• Experience with working with diversified team.
• Certified and experienced in Peach Tree accounting.
• Experienced in facilitating Auditing.
• Competent in using computers, operating Excel, Word, Outlook, online meeting platforms and other systems.
• Ability to communicate well in English.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Positive and professional attitude, able to organize and prioritize work under pressure, able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to details.
4. Skill and competenciesDetail-oriented and comfortable both building out and enforcing processes and procedures for financial and administrative functions. Great analytical skills in budget development and financial management. Ability to identify discrepancies in administrative functions and problem-solve in a prompt manner. Ability to hold oneself and staff accountable to agree upon processes and procedures. High degree of ability to manage confidential and sensitive matters.
5. Safeguarding issues
CVM is committed to ensure the safeguarding of our project beneficiaries and staff. It includes but not limited to sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CVM Safeguarding, employee and the child protection policies. CVM has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, volunteers, partners and consultants. To do so, CVM reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment that the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. CVM also has a right to conduct police check at the time of recruitment process.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CVM requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested to join our team, please send your application composed of none returnable CV with three references, Covering Letter with “Finance Manager” written in the subject line to: www.ethiojobs.net.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.