Finance Manager, Ethiopia Sustainable Peace Activity
Jobs at:PACT Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
28 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pact seeks an experienced Finance Manager for the anticipated USAID/Ethiopia Sustainable Peace Activity (SPA). SPA will create a platform where USAID/Ethiopia can assist Ethiopian stakeholders to demonstrate greater resilience to prevent and respond to destabilizing manifestations of conflict. SPA will seek to strengthen legitimate structures and processes – including local peacebuilding councils - to effectively and nonviolently manage national, regional, and local level conflict issues; and expand collective awareness, access, and willingness of Ethiopians to utilize nonviolent systems to address grievances and mediate interests without violence. This position is contingent upon award.
The Finance Manager (FM) will provide overall financial, grants, and compliance support for SPA. Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the FM is responsible for the overall finance functions of the Activity. The FM ensures transparent administrative, financial, and reporting procedures; effective financial controls; and oversight of grants under contract (GUCs). They are responsible for training and mentoring staff on policies and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, and financial best practices, as well as working closely with the COP, Pact DC, and the Pact Ethiopia Director of Finance and Operation to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and effective and proactive management.
• The specific duties to be carried out by the successful candidate are listed below:
• Provide overall financial and compliance support to the project.
• Oversee management of sub-contracts and Grants under Contract (GUCs).
• Ensure funds expended are compliant with US government regulations and policies.
• Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, which may be a contract or a cooperative agreement.
• Identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
• Ensure proper financial documentation and reporting, establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
• Lead and oversee the development, management and complete life cycle of a variety of possible procurement mechanisms, including but not limited to purchase orders, sub-contracts, and/or GUCs.
• Be responsible for managing the contract budget, tracking project spending and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
• Analyze financial data with attention to the impact of adaptation on programming.
• Mentor and supervise finance, and compliance staff engaged in the activities noted here.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
• At least eight years’ experience working in international development, preferably democracy and governance activities.
• At least four years’ experience in financial compliance and progressive supervisory work experience directly supervising finance, and compliance staff.
• Demonstrable experience with management and/or administration for USAID projects, including experience managing sub-awards and GUCs.
• Knowledge of U.S. government references including OMB Circulars (e.g. A-122), 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228, ADS, FAR, AIDAR, CAS, FFATA, DSSR, and FTR.
• Experience working with Ethiopian civil society organizations.
• Experience managing USAID contracts and/or cooperative agreements.
• Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies, particularly financial reporting and compliance requirements.
• Fluency in English and Amharic (oral, writing, and reading)
• Ability to travel within Ethiopia and occasionally internationally, when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
• Demonstrable experience managing grants, contracts or other mechanisms that allow projects to seamlessly change course in response to new information
• Experience with accounting software such as Serenic, Navigator, ERPs, ACCPAC, or others.
• Ethiopian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Pact Ethiopia Office Address indicating Finance Manager, Ethiopia Sustainable Peace Activity.
Deadline for application: November 28, 2022.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only those candidates that are short listed for interviews will be notified.
Address: Yeka Sub City, Gurd Shola Area, Woreda 9, house No. 778, Mercy Plaza 6th floor. For further information please call by the following numbers 011661-6244/0116616939.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.