Jobs at:Splash International
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, WA. Our mission is simple: we clean water for kids. To date, we have reached over 600,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This multi-donor, $45M Project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
• People - People first. People second. People third.
• Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
• Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
• Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
• Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
• The Finance Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and administering the financial records, systems, and processes of the organization. Implement and supervise financial transaction procedures and systems, to ensure transparent and traceable accounting practices. Define and analyze the project budget to ensure that funds are used according to the funding contracts, proposing corrective actions if needed.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate the accounting and financial practice with all departments for sound workflow.
• Ensure the timely execution and control of monthly/yearly accountancy closure, financial reports, audits, and all service contracts for the organization
• Ensure that Splash staff with financial responsibilities are aware of and comply with local finance procedures and laws.
• Check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and procedures by giving due attention to authorization levels and budget codes.
• Review daily transactions are properly coded and entered into the accounting software
• Compiles cash flow forecast and forward monthly cash requests to HQ on a timely basis
• Prepare accounts payable, and receivable schedules in line with the organization’s manual.
• Check the accuracy of monthly bank reconciliations.
• Ensure the inventory and fixed Assets are well maintained and counted on a quarterly basis
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including expenditures by cost center/project.
• Prepare and maintain accurate and up-to-date payroll records based on salary allocations.
• Record and follow up on construction and consultancy payments as per the contractual agreements.
• Assist with annual budget preparation.
• Work closely with external auditors during the annual audit.
• Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, IPSAS standards, internal policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; compile and follow all applicable local policies.
• Support the Senior Finance Manager to monitor and manage compliance to splash internal Ethiopia’s financial and accounting policies and procedures, and ensure corrective action is taken for non-compliance.
• Support in archiving all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Splash’s Senior Finance Manager in Addis Ababa
• Masters degree in Accounting, Finance and related fields
• At least 7 years of proven work experience as a Finance Coordinator or similar role
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and IPSAS
• Experience using financial software
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Knowledge of financial regulations
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
• You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness, and sound judgment
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment, including with remote team members
• You enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from and developing others
• Innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
• You think critically and have demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills
• You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Please click on the apply button or visit our website www.Splash.org and go to careers.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.