Jobs at:Gold Star Kenya (GSK)
Deadline of this Job:
11 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Associate will help the Operations and Finance Lead ensure that all financial transaction documentation, as well as clerical and administrative duties for all Goldstar Kenya Programs, are complete and accurate and that payments are made on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive and review field payments in a timely manner. These include staff advances, participants and healthcare workers reimbursements, invoices for field-based activities, and staff liquidations while ensuring the integrity of all receipts, invoices, and vouchers.
• Data entry into the Financial System- Quick Books.
• Receive and review program and travel requests before payment.
• Prepare payment vouchers for review.
• Enter payments into the banking system for review, authorization, and later release.
• Assist the Finance officer with standard monthly reporting/budgets.
• Provide administrative support to the travel department and additional administrative support within Gold Star Kenya as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
• Ability to independently review field activities documents for accuracy before reimbursement.
• Ability to follow up on program and travel advance requests and review liquidations in an efficient manner.
• Considerable knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures or the ability to comprehend them.
• Ability to organize and effectively process and maintain records and files.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel applications.
• Resourceful in gathering and giving program information.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES
Experience in managing donor funds, program activities, field budgets, and reimbursements.
Working knowledge of USAID operations, finance, and administrative services and practices.
Good planning, communication, and organizational skills.
Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related work environment needs.
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and the public.
Relevant university degree in commerce, finance, or accounting or CPA 2 section III with minimum 3 years of working experience in a similar environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, and financial management including budgeting.
Understanding of financial records reconciliation.
Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system.
Must have a good command of Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Applications.
Must have an in-depth understanding of Program Activities and Field Accounting Documents.
Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
A good command of oral and written English language.
Experience working with Non-governmental organizations will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com . Please quote the Job Title provided on the subject line while sending your application & CV in one folder (pdf format) including salary requirements and availability to be received no later than Monday 11th July 2022 at 1700hrs EAT.
Please note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.