Vacancy title: Finance Assistant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: Plan International Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ensure minimum cash balance is available for the normal functioning of the office at Program area level.
• Avail all cash request of the PA and pay without any significant delay to the intended purpose as per the Program officers & Program coordinators request.
• Check all financial documents are reviewed and approved before payments are effected.
• Replenish all documents on time so that the organization record shows up to date balance.
• Deposit all collected cash within a week to the organization account.
• Follow and pay all PA’s cash commitment are paid on time e.g. telephone, electric, & water bills.
• Keep records of all amount paid, received and reconcile cash balance with records every working day.
• Report all cash shortage/ overage and all unpaid vouchers of more than reasonable time.
• Support the Program Area Finance Officer in paying tax issues to the relevant tax authority.
• Conduct monthly summery of pension, Income tax and withholding tax and submitted to the finance officer to facilitate the payment
• Prepare check payment to suppliers and staffs on time.
• Keep filling systems in which documents could be readily available, easily traced and ensure that all documents fulfil the appropriate source document.
• Support other staffs on finance related issue
• Support the Program Area Finance Officer in Audit Facilitation.
• Perform other related tasks as need arise and instructed by immediate supervisor.
Dealing with Problems:
• Making the necessary precautions while travelling with huge cash transactions.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
• Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
• Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted
Educational Qualification and Experience:
• Diploma in Accounting/Business management
• Minimum three years of relevant experience.
• Basic computer skill to process various document settlements like Excel.
• Ample knowledge of currency denominations and counting.
• Fluency in English language is essential
• Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.