Vacancy title: Finance Assistant - (Re-Advertisement)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: International Rescue Committee - IRC
Deadline of this Job:
06 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Major key Responsibilities:
• Effects all approved payments and collections made outside of the office travel to camps.
• Deposit unpaid & other cash collections to Bank.
• Prepares check and effect payments after approval from the designated official.
• Maintain petty cash account and replenish it when it reaches 20%.
• Withdraw cash for approved cash in office documents and effect the payment on time.
• Give strong attention for safety and security of the organization during cash transfer from Bank to office and Camp to camp.
• Responsible to maintain files of financial records, agreements, and other documents.
• Records all cash in office, petty cash on excel format using the correct codes and forward to Finance Officer/ Manager/ for review.
• Track any paid buck payments and file on monthly bases.
• Truck paid VAT above $500 amount and record as per BPRM format and submits to your supervisor in monthly bases.
• Assist the Finance Manager & finance officer in preparation of the monthly report.
• Daily conduct petty cash and cash in office accounts after 5: 00 PM and every Friday together with finance officer or manager. Be ready for anytime for surprise cash count by your supervisor, officer, Camp manager or field coordinator.
• Reconcile cash balance per records with the result of cash count,
• Keep the blank financial vouchers in locked place. Make sure the available pads are enough. In the case of shortage signal, prior request expected from you to the finance manager.
• Give maximum care and control the Blank checks and put in locked save box.
• Make sure taxes paid to Respective government offices Inland Revenue authority by their account number and any other liabilities has cleared timely.
• Keep filing systems in which documents could be readily available and easily traced too.
• Give copy of unpaid documents to the staff who prepared the documents.
• Follow up of the photocopy functionality: readiness of tonner in the stock, raising PR for tonner etc.
• Collect bank advice & statement from Jijiga bank (twice per month for bank statement).
• Make sure each month financial documents copies are remain in the field office and filed before documents send to Addis.
• Give attention to detailed accuracy and neatness in documentation.
• Perform financial duties in line with IRC program, Personnel & Finance Regulation.
• Make sure that all finance documents are stamped with IRC Ethiopia Paid OR Received stamp we send to Addis.
• Prepare and fill finance related out going letters.
• Do all tasks assigned by the Finance Manager/officer
• Clearing online payment in BVA
• Follow up the BVA status PAID document every month
• Archivist Position cover.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application proced
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter only through IRC career site:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.