Finance Assistant- Afar -Sermera
Jobs at:Dan Church Aid
Deadline of this Job:
16 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organization working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life of dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of work includes humanitarian response, food security, Resilience building of vulnerable community members, and Gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
• Currently, DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Finance Assistant for its’s field office in Afar. DCA invites competent professionals to apply for the position based in Afar, Semera.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Cash, HR & Office Management
• Handle all cash transactions of the field office.
• Maintain and update field office cashbook on daily basis and have up-to-date petty cash balances.
• Keep all cheque pads in the safe box.
• Ensure withholding tax receipt is issued whenever tax is withheld from purchase of goods and services.
• Ensure that all transactions adhere to DCA financial guidelines and control systems.
• Ensure all financial documents are properly filed and handled.
• Ensure all financial documents are scanned or copied before the original is sent to Country office.
• Effect cash payments for only duly authorized payment requests.
• Ensure all necessary documents are attached to the payment request before effecting any payment.
• Follow-up cash advances and ensure they are duly refunded and/ or settled.
• Make daily cash count for balance checking purpose and investigate the possible differences and their causes (if any).
• Perform coding and record cash transactions in the daily cash book.
• Check the validity of the invoices.
• Settle (pay) monthly utilities, taxes, and pensions.
• Maintain proper records management for all administrative correspondences & records.
• Update’s personnel files of field office employees and ensure field office employees records & files are kept safely.
• Assist in keeping and updating annual leave tracking sheets of all field office staffs.
• Ensure office arrangements and set up are attractive, conducive & economical.
• Make sure offices, guesthouses, premises & other facilities are clean & ready to always use.
• Make sure that refreshment services are served for field office employees timely and properly.
• Distribute staff phone credit on monthly basis. Maintain complete record of the distribution.
• Make sure all communication systems & equipment are functioning properly, and they are utilized in economical ways.
• Assist in making flight booking for field office staffs whenever they travel for company business as well as R&R leaves in coordination with CO
• Mini Warehouse Management
• Make sure mini warehouse in the most operational way for receipt, storage, stocking, preparation and dispatch of the goods; optimize permanently the space for the stock; stock rotation, etc.
• Ensure the mini store is organized, clean, dry and ready for inventory audit.
• Monitor maintaining & recording of goods in accordance with DCA policies.
• Make sure periodic recording/updating stock cards, issuance of goods, proper dispatch of the items and responsible for the timely submission of stock reports.
• Conduct physical inventory, both scheduled and unscheduled. And organize a joint inventory on quarterly basis.
• Report any incident to the direct line manager regarding warehouse management.
• Make sure the availability of proper security systems of the mini warehouse
• Make proper follow-up and quality control of the items delivered by suppliers to the mini warehouse.
• Review of all documentation regarding each receipt of goods and ensure the archiving of the forms; properly fill, sign and
• update stock cards and stock report accordingly.
• Prepare and submit stores inventory report on monthly basis
• Perform any additional tasks provided by supervisor.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
• Diploma/ BA Degree in Accounting
• At least four years of experience for diploma and two years of experience for BA holders
• Working in INGO environment
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in helping the accounts department with different financial activities whenever needed
• High degree of professional responsibility and integrity
• Able to communicate in English both written and spoken
• Able to use different types of software application like Microsoft Office and Spreadsheets
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
• Finance Assistant - Intranet DCA (emply.com)
• DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please don’t mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.