Jobs at:Oxfam Great Britain
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
• Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
• Our values and commitment to safeguarding
• Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
• The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
• All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
• We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Our work in ethiopia
• Since the early 1970s, we have been working to address the underlying causes of poverty and marginalization by focusing on developing sustainable livelihoods, providing water and sanitation, agriculture, climate research, gender, and humanitarian issues.
• We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at the interview stage
• The Finance team will support the implementation of the programme by working directly with Oxfam’s and partners’ staff on the financial needs of the programme to ensure people affected by the crisis get timely, sufficient, and appropriate humanitarian assistance. This Together with the Finance team, the Finance Assistant will be accountable for ensuring that all financial procedures are adhered to and implemented in a manner that is compliant with Oxfam policies, standards, and procedures.
• The role is responsible for ensuring accurate financial reporting across our operations using our budgetary systems coding. The role will also support the monitoring of financial health of our projects and work closely with Funding and Program team to support the financial management across different funding sources.
Post holder reports to
• Head of Finance & Systems with Matrix Management from Business Development Manger
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Assist Head of Finance and Business Development Manager in the management of a portfolio of restricted grants and institutional funds including analysing spending patterns and variances to budget on a monthly basis, monitoring expenses to ensure compliance with Oxfam and grantor policies, and completing budget modifications or reforecasts
• Ensure expenditure requests for all projects are inline with donor and internal budget coding
• Check expenditures are charged to correct budget lines of contracts and Oxfam account codes vis-s-vis requesters’ budget line.
• Review and ensure on cost recovery across projects as per Oxfam’s cost recovery policy as well as in line with the Global Budget.
• In line with Oxfam and donor policies and procedures, support in the facilitation of budget development for new funding opportunities by working closely with the relevant programme, business development, operations (logistics, human resources, etc.) as well as with the filed finance and program teams
• Ensure that all new awarded grants are incorporated into the appropriate Oxfam overall country budget
• Lead on developing and maintaining various financial analyses and tools for new and ongoing cross-departmental projects such as budget creation templates, fund reporting, periodic budget vs actuals report, and payroll processing
• Provide system and business administrator level support to program managers for the Internal budget template
• Support department heads with the fiscal budget preparation, monthly forecast updates, analytics, and reviews
• Analyse financial data and create and update BvAs to support strategic decision making
• Review and analyse monthly expenses in coordination with Head of Finance
• Prepare financial reports to donors.
• Support with final contract reconciliations and closures
• Review monthly reports of grant expenses and assist program staff with budget-related issues.
• Communicate with program staff on a regular basis regarding financial management of their country programs.
• Provide training to Oxfam and partner relevant staff on grant financial management issues such as effective budgeting, preparing expenditure forecasts, cost allocations, and reading and analysing monthly reports of grant expenses.
• Other assignments assigned by Head of Finance or Business Development Manager
• Most importantly, every individual at Oxfam GB needs to be able to:
• Live our values of INCLUSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, EMPOWERMENT, SOLIDARITY, COURAGE, AND EQUALITY
• Equality: We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly and to have the same rights and opportunities.
• Empowerment: We acknowledge and seek to expand people’s agency over their lives and the decisions that impact them.
• Solidarity: We join hands, support, and collaborate across boundaries in working towards a just and sustainable world.
• Inclusiveness: We embrace diversity and difference and value the perspectives and contributions of all people and communities in their fight against poverty and injustice.
• Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and inaction and hold ourselves accountable to the people we work with and for.
• Courage: We speak truth to power and act with conviction on the justice of our causes.
• Ensure you commit to our THREE ORGANISATIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Be committed to equal opportunities: demonstrating sensitivity to cultural differences and gender equality.
• Be willing to learn and apply gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity and inclusion across all aspects of your work.
• Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.
• Ensure you actively ADOPT OXFAM’S FEMINIST LEADERSHIP APPROACH and apply the principles and twelve practices in your work. Read more about this here:
• Read this guide to find out more about what our values, organizational attributes and feminist leadership approach mean for how we work
For this role, we have selected two of the most relevant feminist Leadership practices for this role (which you can read more about through https://oxfam.box.com/s/wlftjli3h41lx4kksm0zxh73vgp6ng78
• Systems Thinking
• Mutual accountability
• Strategic Thinking and Judgment
Experience, Knowledge & Competencies
• High level experience in financial planning & analysis, and stakeholder management, preferably gained in an international development context
• Experience in supporting and building staff capacity through training
• Significant exposure to ERP Financials and a working knowledge of business intelligence tools
• High levels of computer literacy
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel including Power Query
• Appropriate qualification in accounting or a related discipline
• More than three years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and reporting
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to see both the big picture and to dive into the details as needed
• Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau, Salesforce, or ERP dashboards)
• Focus Oxfam Competencies: Agility-Complexity-and-Ambiguity, Systems Thinking, and Humility
• Use judgment and decision-making to execute responsibilities and duties.
• Work independently with initiative to manage conflicting priorities, high volume, and sensitive workflow.
• Ability to act in an advisory capacity with program staff on financial matters related to grants and cooperative agreements.
• Ability to analyze budgets, define problems, and draw valid conclusions.
• Capability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
• Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information, strengthen capacity, respond to questions, and write reports, policies and procedures, and other critical documents.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
• As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile through using Oxfam's internal /External application portal https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/ or https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/17463/ description or before July 5, 2022.
• Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.