Finance & Administrative Manager
Deadline of this Job:
16 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
• JSI is supporting the Ethiopian Ministry of Health to improve efficiencies in vaccine administration through the deployment of MasterCard’s Wellness solution and complementary services. JSI will serve as a third-party service provider to the Ministry of Health to help it in its implementation of the Program in Ethiopia.
• JSI is currently looking for a competent, knowledgeable, experienced, motivated and vibrant Finance and Administration Manager for its Wellness Pass project
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Activity Manager
Location: Addis Ababa
Number of Positions: 1
Duration: One Year with the possibility of extension
• The Finance & Administrative Manager will be responsible for overseeing and directing the financial management, human resources as well as operations of the project, and ensuring that the financial, Administrative and HR systems and internal controls are in place and in line with JSI/HQ policy and procedures and in compliance with all Donor and Government rules and Legislation. The Finance & Administrative Manager will serve as the focal person for all budget and disbursement processes of the JSI field office. S/he is expected to communicate and coordinate with other JSI projects when necessary.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee project finance, operational, and HR duties, compliance, procurement, and safety and security.
• Ensure that financial systems and internal controls are in place and comply with the standard US Government, JSI and other donor’s policies and procedures. She/he will work closely with the project senior-management team to provide all financial and operational support required to successfully implement program activities.
• Establish, integrate, and institutionalize financial, administrative, operational, contractual, and human resources systems to ensure proper oversight over the contract and the implementation of activities.
• Ensure accurate and timely financial and operational information is presented to donor, management, and project staff for decision-making.
• Ensure overall compliance with donor and JSI policies, procedures, and regulations across the implementation of all activities.
• Supervise Finance & Operations team and provide staff capacity building, mentorship, and coaching.
• Ensure the development and updating of Project’s operational policies and manuals, including the Local Hire Employee Manual (LHEM), Operations Manual, and Field Office Safety and Security Manual (FOSSM).
• Work closely with the finance staff to monitor the program budget and coordinate regularly with the rest of the project’s management team to ensure the budget is up to date and technical activities align to the budget
• Oversee procurement of equipment and commodities, including the overall procurement process and implementation/management of contracts.
• Ensure compliance with local statutes like Authority for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO) for annual audits, annual plans and activity reports including taxation and labor law etc.
• Manage annual audit process and serve as the primary liaison with audit missions, in coordination with Finance staff.
• Oversee HR management, ensuring compliance with local labor law and JSI policies, troubleshoot performance management issues, and ensure adequate HR tracking and monitoring systems are in place.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for safety and security of staff, ensuring regular contact with relevant sources of up-to-date security information, and working closely with the Activity Manager
• Provide training and/or guidance to all Project staff on financial controls and operational systems, as needed.
• Coordinate regularly with the home office backstopping team to ensure transparency and communication regarding financial and operational activities.
• Lead the enforcement of JSI’s policies around accountability and fraud/ethics management; Implement JSI Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhere to JSI’s policies on fraud management.
• Any additional responsibilities, as assigned.
• A master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or other relevant field with at least 10 years of professional and related experience,
• A minimum of eight years of experience in administrative and financial management of international development assistance programs, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience working with USAID preferred
• Experience with a wide variety of donors preferred.
• Demonstrated management experience in finance, operations, and HR required. At least five years’ experience serving in a management role, with supervisory responsibility.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, procurement, contracts management, logistics, and human resources preferred.
• Experience developing work plan and proposal budgets and costing activities, in coordination with technical and program teams.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• Ability to take initiative and work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to handle confidential information with care.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in Amharic and English required.
• Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with accounting software (preferably QuickBooks).
• Familiarity with the Google Suite preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 10% time to regions throughout Ethiopia.
• Qualified and Experienced Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than November 16, 2022.
• Fill out the online application form using this form: Online application Finance & admin manager. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
• Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
• Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Application deadline: November 16, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.