Finance & Administration Coordinator
Jobs at:Village Enterprise
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Job:
Village Enterprise seeks a self- motivated, dynamic and result oriented individual to support management of field accounting and finance operations in Ethiopia-Somalia Region.
Purpose of Position: Effectively implement and coordinate the DREAMS Project's Finance & Administration function, ensuring that excellent financial practices that conform to Village Enterprise's internal controls and policies are in place and followed.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure smooth implementation of the grant disbursement process, receipt generation, grant application review and proper filing after disbursements have been completed for the assigned projects.
• Actively participate as part of the grant disbursement team
• Provide support to project managers in preparing grant disbursement documentation and supporting in the development of disbursement schedule
• Identify tools, resources, and best practices to help improve the project implementation
• Field staff activities facilitation and workshops
• Managing transport stipends, airtime and bi- weekly expenses for the assigned projects
General Finance 15%
• Monitor operating expenditures as they compare to the annual budget and share the report
• Processing of monthly payroll including timely payment of all statutory deductions e.g. Payroll Taxes and other deductions relevant in Ethiopia, Preparation and uploading of the approved payroll transactions to NetSuite.
• Prepare US wire requests for country office operations
• Supervise and support the F&A Associates
• Undertake other financial and administrative tasks when necessary
Compliance & Safeguarding 15%
• Supporting procurement processes as per the policy and ensuring that all documentation is provided
• Ensuring taxes and other statutory deductions are paid on time
• Responsible for ensuring VE accounting policies are stringently followed and educating staff on these policies as required.
• Regular follow ups and provide support in developing mechanisms to ensure that advances have been issued and accounted within the required timelines and as per the policy.
• Safeguarding: "Safeguarding at VE is everyone’s responsibility" Participate in the planning of the safeguarding visits for F&A staff once every quarter and also facilitate at least one safeguarding visit per quarter, and ensure compliance with VE’s safeguarding policies and Code of Conduct in all programs, operations and practices.
Net Suite 15%
• Entering daily transactions & uploading supporting documents and monthly reviews and assist with reconciliations
• Perform monthly reviews of all NetSuite transactions you have entered and make any required corrections prior to the closing of the books
• Provide the appropriate financial information as requested by the staff.
• Preparation of monthly project allocations
• Perform reconciliations as designated by the Director of Finance and loading the same to Box
• Cash on Hand reporting and uploading to Box
• Preparing monthly Budget vs Actual reports and presenting to the management.
• Take a lead role in supporting the internal and external auditing processes
• Ensure the audit documents requested are available in the allotted time
• Once the audit is completed support in ensure that all documents are correctly refiled
• Report any financial issues to the Finance Manager immediately
• Support the procurement process, certifying that VE is getting the best value for money on all related purchases
• Monitor the Field Bills Calendar and ensure that all project’s bills/invoices are paid on time
• Responsible for the proper supporting documents being attached to all payments and filed accordingly (invoices, PVs, budgets, etc.)
• Tracking of projects’ equipment and documentation once it leaves the office
• Manage and update the East Africa Asset Listing document
• Support the proper maintenance of upkeep of office equipment
Knowledge, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance and a professional accounting qualification preferable level 2 CPA or ACCA Ethiopia
• Three (3) years practical experience in Financial Accounting
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, spreadsheet applications and computerized accounting systems
• Good analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills;
• Demonstrated experience in donor funded projects
• Proficiency in Spoken and Written English, and Somali language
• Results-orientated with excellent communication skills, as well as curiosity and initiative
• Proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to VE’s vision, mission and values
• Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate reports
• Ability to work as part of team across different cultures
• High level of integrity and stewardship
• Team work. Embraces team work and aspires and supports the ideals of working in a team work environment as a team champion
• Passion to work in a rural community setting
• Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
• Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast paced work environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the set criteria are invited to send their CV (Maximum 3 pages) including 3 referees, salary history, and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.