Finance & Administration Associate
Jobs at:Village Enterprise
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Job:
Village Enterprise seeks a self- motivated, dynamic and result oriented individual to support management of field accounting and finance operations in Ethiopia-Somalia Region.
Purpose of Position: To support in the day to day VE Finance & Administrative functions of the DREAMS project by ensuring that excellent financial practice which conforms to internal controls and policies are in place and adhered to.
Duties & Responsibilities
Core Program 25%
• Manage and organize all core program grant application forms that come in from the field
• Generate disbursement receipts prior to disbursements
• Responsible for maintaining the office filing system with the support of Finance & Administration Coordinator. Filing should be timely, chronological and well organized.
• Work within their field offices to standardize the filing system
• Field staff activities facilitation and workshops.
General Finance 15%
• Prepare proper documentation for payments and file accordingly
• Responsible for proper handling of office petty cash and safe procedures
• Liaise with F&A Coordinator on periodic financial planning
• Consolidation of weekly planned expenses and sharing with F&A Coordinator for review as well as facilitating payments of the weekly planned expenses.
• Undertake other financial and administrative tasks as required
Net Suite 15%
• Entering daily transactions & uploading supporting documents and assist with reconciliations
• Perform monthly reviews of all Net Suite transactions you have entered and make any required corrections prior to the closing of the books
• Responsible for ensuring VE accounting policies are stringently followed and educating staff on these policies as required
• Regular follow-ups and provide support in developing mechanisms to ensure that advances have been issued and accounted within the required timelines and as per the policy.
• Safeguarding: Participate in the planning of the safeguarding visits for F&A staff once every quarter and also facilitate at least one safeguarding visit per quarter, Procure and maintain ready stock of safeguarding stickers and all printable safeguarding materials, and Monitor, document, and report all incoming safeguarding phone calls.
• Assist with internal and external audits under the direction of the F&A Coordinator
• Ensure the audit documents requested are available in the allotted time
• Once the audit is completed support in ensure that all documents are correctly refiled
• Report any financial issues to the Finance Manager immediately
• Tracking of office equipment and documentation once it leaves the office
• Manage and update the East Africa Asset Listing document
• Support the proper maintenance of upkeep of office equipment
• Schedule, manage and monitor the payment of all office bills
• Responsible for managing office errands such as purchases of airtime, payment of bills, etc.
• Responsible for taking minutes during the biweekly F&A meetings and updating the google document
Knowledge, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance and a professional accounting qualification
• One (1) year practical experience in Financial Accounting
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, spreadsheet applications and computerized accounting systems
• Good analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills;
• Demonstrated experience in donor funded projects
• Proficiency in Spoken and Written English and Somali Language
• Results-orientated with excellent communication skills, as well as curiosity and initiative
• Proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to VE’s vision, mission and values
• Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate reports
• Ability to work as part of team across different cultures
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the set criteria are invited to send their CV (Maximum 3 pages) including 3 referees, salary history, and salary expectation to: email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.