Vacancy title: Field Finance and Administration Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. JOB SUMMARY
Working with and reporting to The MCH Manager, the Field Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for all financial, procurement, property administration, and human resources activities and for technically supporting the Centre Receptionist/Cashiers, Centre Storekeepers and Centre Heads operating under the central area office in all such matters.
This includes handling all financial and procurement transactions and preparing, verifying, consolidating and subsequently submitting the financial reports to the Senior Finance & Admin Officer, ensuring that sufficient petty cash is available at service outlets to cover routine activities, advising the centre heads in implementing HR and Financial Policies and Procedures, recording and posting of financial data; maintaining and controlling stock movements at the centres operating, vehicles, buildings and all other fixed assets management and keeping up-to-date pertinent records of books of accounts.
• Properly codes and records field office expenditure, income and any other related transactions in the books of accounts
• Receives payment requests, checks supporting documents and coding for completeness and proper authorization; and writes cheques and corresponding payment vouchers.
• Handles and properly keep chequebooks in safe custody
• Effects payment of cheques against receipts/invoices and proper signature of the recipient
• Ensures valid cash receipts/invoices are delivered to finance for all cheques issued to Payees.
• Follows-up and ensure working advances at the centres are liquidated timely
• Records stock receipts, transfers and consumptions of Centres and Social Franchising activities in Peachtree accounting software and send monthly reconciliation reports to the Senior Finance & Administration Officer.
• Ensures that monthly stock count is carried out by the stores, obtain the count result, check count against Peachtree stock record balances and MSIE’s Reconciliation Report and take or present to the management for timely appropriate action on variances
• Records all transactions incurred in the centres and Social Franchising in a template to be uploaded to SUN and send a summary of Bi-weekly transactions with supporting documents to the Senior Finance & Administration Officer within the set deadline.
• Review monthly income against deposits to banks and identify collections other than service income.
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for the Centre bank accounts
• Perform clearance of long outstanding advances and stock variances
• Prepare payroll for temporary and contract employees and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (taxes, advance, loan....)
• Check all clinic receipts, invoices and petty cash payments
• Keep up to date and orderly controlling records of receipts and issuance of goods
• Participate in the annual physical count of stock and fixed assets
• Ensure maintenance of memorandum records for all capital goods (long-term assets) with a value below the organization's capitalisation policy with proper and easy identification.
• Sequentially arranges, files and labels financial records in a professional and easily retrievable manner
• Assist the Senior Finance & Administration Officer in the preparation and revision of budget estimates and targets, processing and following-up timely transfer of budget requests from the Area office
• Make regular visits to Centres to provide technical assistance to Centre Receptionist/Cashiers, Storekeepers and Centre Heads in the areas of cash, stock and asset management and human resources
• Advise centre heads on financial policies and procedures as well as procurement rules and regulations
• Ensure that all financial and procurement transactions at the Centres are conducted per MSIE’s financial policies and procedures and procurement regulations as well as following donor compliance requirements
• Undertakes any other related duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Human Resources activities:
• Ensure the proper implementation of MSIE’s Human Resources Policy Manual and the Labour Code of Ethiopia in the field office.
• Prepare Human Resources Planning to ensure a sustainable supply of the right personnel
• Ensure the timely renewal/termination of staff contracts as per MSIE HR Policy; Liaise with all service outlets of Area Office to ensure proper follow up on HR issues and prepare list of the professional pool for duty and weekend activities to fill gaps
• Prepare annual leave plan and ensure that all team members have submitted their leave plan each year and follow up the implementation of the plan accordingly.
• Update and maintain all records of team members leave, in their personal files and ensure that leave is taken as per the plan of the organization.
• Assist the Human Resources unit and the Area Office in handling disciplinary issues of centre staffs;
• Assist in Conducting a training needs assessment
• Assist in administering team members’ entitlements, allowances, benefits, and incentives
• Prepare periodic reports on Human Resources related activities
• Ensure service outlet staff KPI settings and performance appraisal is conducted according to the guideline and performance Management cycle of MSIE.
Procurement and Property Administration:
• Manage procurement activities at the service outlets level
• Prepare and review specifications and other necessary documents related to local purchasing of materials, supplies, and equipment based on MSIE regulations and procedures with the highest possible expected quality;
• Raise purchase requisitions and orders for purchases at the field office level
• Leads the field office procurement committee
• Ensure that purchases are made in the best interest of MSIE taking into account best value for money
• Maintain record on purchase price information on both open market and contract purchases and revises these as conditions change; opens contracts for re-bidding when needed.
• Establish and administer contracts and purchase orders to ensure compliance with bid specifications and requirements such as quality of materials and services, payment schedules, vendor performance;
• Establish an efficient and cost-effective procurement system for the field office based on - procurement regulations and procedures.
• Prepares Procurement Plan for the field Office & centres operating under the field Office
• Files all procurement documents in an orderly manner for control and reference purposes.
• Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor.
• Regularly update the supervisor on matters related to procurement.
• Ensure that government taxes and fees relating to ownership of MSIE building facilities are timely paid and the title deeds are timely renewed
• Regularly make visits to MSIE’s building facilities under the Field Office to assess their status/condition and make recommendations for any renovation, maintenance or modification that may be needed
• Ensure that proper safety and security mechanisms are in place at all MSIE office/clinic locations under the Field Office
• Makes sure that MSIE clinics, offices and compounds under the service outlets are always clean and equipment and other property is well arranged to avoid any risks of injury and damages
• Maintain fixed asset register and keep a custodian sheet signed by users for property under their custody
• Record newly received fixed assets and updates the record regularly
• Facilitate the stock replenishment process in consultation with storekeepers and Centre Heads
• Assist in the proposal and disposal process of damaged, obsolete, expired materials.
• Check completeness and accuracy of vehicle log books and put signature every day
• Check the timely fueling, maintenance and servicing of vehicles
• Make sure daily and monthly vehicle-related checklists and reports are used and submitted on time
Perform other related duties as requested by immediate supervisor
Education & Experience:
• BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Management
• Minimum of 4 Years of relevant experience as Administrative and Finance Officer or equivalent combination of experience in Finance, Administration, logistics, and procurement activities
Required Skills, Attitudes, and Attributes:
• Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
• Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors.
• Computer Literate
• Interpersonal relationship
• Pro-choice Pro-choice
Number of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Bahirdar MCH Centre, Addis Ababa
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices Salary Scale
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.