Environmental Manager - Zewaye
Jobs at:An Agro Farm Company
Deadline of this Job:
11 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client is looking for an experienced Environmental Manager who is a true professional in environmental standards and guidelines and who is capable of telling our story and best practices to external stakeholders as well as being a professional expert to the internal organisation.
This is a new role in our company and together with Compliance and PR, the new colleague will work in their respective teams, located in Ziway, at 2 hours drive from Addis.
• Ensures, coordinates and guides the completion of (routine) farm audits relating to environmental issues
• Acts a spokesman on behalf of the company on environmental issues and shows/demonstrates the good environmental practices of the company.
• Promotes and maintains good practices (internal and external) that protects and improves the environment in and around the farm
• Investigates environmental incidents and maintains a system of reporting incidents
• Organizes employee’s environmental awareness training to ensure that employees are familiar with the environmental risks associated with their duties.
• Implements procedural, reporting and monitoring requirements as prescribed by Environmental Legislation and applicable Regulations
• Implements, maintains and monitors an environmental (waste) management system based on the operations’ approved Environmental Management Programme and approved Water Use Licence
• Updates and maintains the operations’ environmental aspect register and monitoring management programmes/actions for significant aspects
• Ensures accurate submission/reporting of various Environment reports, to statutory/regulatory bodies, as required.
• Participates in the preparation of the farm environment plan and annual targets for action (in cooperation with other user departments) and Implements accordingly
Skillset of the candidate
• English, Amharic and Oromifa ( verbal and in writing)
• Good communicator with interpersonal skills
• Pro-active, good listener and a teamplayer
• Presentation & training skills
• Broad interest in agricultural processes
Required qualification and experience
• Master Degree in environmental science from a recognized University
• 5 years of relevant working experience in production or processing industry or related field of work
• Advance MS office user ( word, excel and powerpoint)
• Valid driver’s license
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.