Environmental Health (EH) Office
Jobs at:international rescue committee
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background: The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
• The Position mainly involves undertaking rapid Environmental Health (EH) need assessments and implementing emergency WASH response. The EHO will be based Sewena town East Bale Zone Oromia region and can be deployed to other emerging emergency areas (localities) throughout the country whenever need.
Major key Responsibilities
• In collaboration with other team members, the EHO undertakes detail need assessments.
• Identify water supply systems to rehabilitate and maintain.
• Prepare design & detail bills of quantities, budget estimates in response to emerging emergencies through out the country and forward to supervisor for review.
• Prepares detail Environmental Health physical & financial implementation plan for emerging emergency responses.
• Source and monitor labor required towards implementation of emergency response interventions and ensure the proper implementation of the same as per set norms and standards.
• Monitor the progress and implementation of subcontracted emergency response intervention as per the contract.
• Prepare detail specification for items to be procured and ensure its procurements are as per set specifications.
• Identify and establish water trucking and water treatment sites.
• Monitor water trucking operations and water treatment systems.
• Works closely with, Zone/Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the response.
• Works in collaboration with IRC Hygiene Promotion Officers in promotion of safe hygiene practices in Emergency responses which includes Health Promotion activities.
• Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor and Emergency Rapid Response Manager.
• Prepare brief emergency related monthly updates and submit to the supervisor and copy to the supervisor and copy to Emergency Rapid Response Manager.
• Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
• Education: bsc in Water Resource Engineering or Hydraulic Engineering
• Fields of expertise: Water Resources Engineering
• Communication in English and Amharic plus knowledge of Afan Oromo is advantageous
• Experience in budget management, Ability to use computer (basic operating systems, autocad,watcad, ephanet).
• 3 years of relevant experience with the first degree.
• 2 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree.
• Basic supervisory/managerial skills.
• Technical and report writing skills
• Computer literate.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• NGO experience is a plus.
• IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
• Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
• Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
• Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Follow the link to apply https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/28194/application?c=rescue&jobboardid=0#1
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.